Dual cores almost make up for the Windows overhead
Yes, in a few days, HP will be offering their DV2 with not only a dual core Congo based CPU, but also a full blown Athlon X2. As you can see, the two laptops look, well, exactly the same. I mean exactly. If it wasn’t for the fingerprints, there was a 50-50 chance I would walk away with a DV2 that had The Broken OS on it. The horror.
White is for X2
The X2 variant didn’t look exactly the same, it was steeped in fashionable white. In a flash of brilliance not usually displayed by computer manufacturers, HP made the screen surround black. Not only does it look good, but it also reduces eyestrain. Well done.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Inwin shows off its manufacturing tech as a concept - Jul 30, 2014
- Is Intel actually serious about reviving the desktop? - Jul 29, 2014
- Marvell shows off 64-bit ARM SoCs + LTE and more - Jul 28, 2014
- Intel’s Broadwell is caught in its own trap - Jul 24, 2014
- Sandisk now owns Fusion IO fully - Jul 24, 2014