IF YOU ARE sick and tired of slogging along with your wimpy 4-core Nehalem laptop, Ace Computer has a solution for you, the 8-core Xeon 5500 (Beckton) based Ace Raptor 5 Server Workstation AC-Raptor55V. Yes, some insane company just put an Intel 8-core Becton server chip in a laptop, let’s hear it for wretched excess.
Ace’s 8-core Becton Laptop
We don’t have any more info on this yet, but this company has what it claims is a Becton laptop. It may be about as sleek as a panel van, and battery life probably rates in multiple tens of minutes, but, um, it is one heck of an e-penis measuring stick.
Realistically, I can’t see anyone using this as a laptop, more as a portable workstation for presentations that are within reach of a power plug and require complex real time CAD tweaks. For anything else, you are much better off with a mobile Nehalem. That said, I want one.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- SemiAccurate has Skylake-SP die shots, sizes, and more - Jul 21, 2017
- Skylake-SP has a diverged core - Jul 19, 2017
- Intel’s Purley platform architecture is a step forward - Jul 13, 2017
- Intel launches Purley aka metal Xeons - Jul 11, 2017
- AMD’s Epyc has lots of connections - Jun 26, 2017