NVIDIA FINALLY SHOWED off Fermi, or in this case, GF100 today, running Unigine without any numbers. It didn’t show off cards with three display outs yet, that has to wait for tomorrow.
Note the camouflage, it isn’t sawed off
The big news is that the cards are running, and have both 6 and 8 pin power connectors, meaning a theoretical 225W TDP. It was running DX11 based Unigine benchmarks without any numbers showing. Lets see if Nvidia can make them in quantity though. Reported bin splits of the A3 silicon are not looking promising for a hard launch.
Edit: Power is 300W at this config. 75W through the slot, 75W from the 6-pin, and 150 for the 8-pin.
The other big news is that Nvidia has a three monitor out card, and they are calling it 3D Vision Surround. Imagine that, won’t ATI be surprised that such a thing is possible, they will have to scramble to…. Oh. They have six outs you say? Ah. Well Nvidia has three! On one card. But you need really expensive matching 120Hz monitors from makers that tithe to Nvidia properly. Yawn.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What console will sell more than all the rest combined in 2014? - Apr 23, 2014
- Altera puts hard FP functions in Arria 10 and Stratix 10 - Apr 22, 2014
- Samsung lays down the design law to Apple - Apr 22, 2014
- What kind of numbers are Intel contra-revenue funding? - Apr 21, 2014
- SemiAccurate was right about Apple’s foundry plans - Apr 17, 2014