EVER GONE SKIING on a Southern Island in Vancouver? If not, then the upcoming graphics chips from ATI are for you.
Short story, some of the names for the Southern Islands family of next-gen ATI GPUs are all based around Vancouver. The names that have come our way are Whistler-Blackcomb, Robson and Seymour.
These names have been floating in the background since the Southern Islands name first hit print, the Ibiza, Cozumel, and Kauai names are Northern Islands parts, which is the generation after the Southern Islands. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that ATI will name the post-Northern Islands parts after the great bogs of Europe.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- ARM enters the radio IP market with Cordio - Oct 26, 2016
- Nintendo NX/Switch uses Tegra like SemiAccurate said - Oct 24, 2016
- Qualcomm fills in the midrange with Snapdragon 653, 626, and 427 - Oct 24, 2016
- Alibaba and AMD collaborate on GPUs in the cloud - Oct 14, 2016
- The PC market freefall continues, here is how to fix it - Oct 14, 2016