EVER GONE SKIING on a Southern Island in Vancouver? If not, then the upcoming graphics chips from ATI are for you.
Short story, some of the names for the Southern Islands family of next-gen ATI GPUs are all based around Vancouver. The names that have come our way are Whistler-Blackcomb, Robson and Seymour.
These names have been floating in the background since the Southern Islands name first hit print, the Ibiza, Cozumel, and Kauai names are Northern Islands parts, which is the generation after the Southern Islands. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that ATI will name the post-Northern Islands parts after the great bogs of Europe.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- You can now buy bare Snapdragon SoCs with 410E and 600E - Sep 28, 2016
- Spin Transfer Technologies talks about their ST-MRAMs - Sep 27, 2016
- ARM adds CMN-600 interconnect and DMC-620 memory controllers - Sep 27, 2016
- Globalfoundries 7nm process isn’t even close to the name - Sep 26, 2016
- ARM upgrades realtime offerings to v8-R and adds Cortex-R52 - Sep 21, 2016