EVER GONE SKIING on a Southern Island in Vancouver? If not, then the upcoming graphics chips from ATI are for you.
Short story, some of the names for the Southern Islands family of next-gen ATI GPUs are all based around Vancouver. The names that have come our way are Whistler-Blackcomb, Robson and Seymour.
These names have been floating in the background since the Southern Islands name first hit print, the Ibiza, Cozumel, and Kauai names are Northern Islands parts, which is the generation after the Southern Islands. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that ATI will name the post-Northern Islands parts after the great bogs of Europe.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel crosses an unacceptable ethical line - Mar 27, 2017
- Intel releases consumer M.2 Xpoint SSDs - Mar 27, 2017
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 205, a high-end low-end SoC - Mar 20, 2017
- Intel officially introduces Xpoint with the DC P4800X SSD - Mar 19, 2017
- Dell shows off an 8K HDR monitor - Mar 15, 2017