EVER GONE SKIING on a Southern Island in Vancouver? If not, then the upcoming graphics chips from ATI are for you.
Short story, some of the names for the Southern Islands family of next-gen ATI GPUs are all based around Vancouver. The names that have come our way are Whistler-Blackcomb, Robson and Seymour.
These names have been floating in the background since the Southern Islands name first hit print, the Ibiza, Cozumel, and Kauai names are Northern Islands parts, which is the generation after the Southern Islands. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that ATI will name the post-Northern Islands parts after the great bogs of Europe.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD talks Threadripper, Ryzen Mobile, and Ryzen Pro - May 22, 2017
- AMD calls Naples Epyc during Analyst Day - May 17, 2017
- Intel’s new Scalable Xeon branding is just a price increase - May 5, 2017
- Are consumer PCs safe from the Intel ME/AMT exploit? - May 3, 2017
- Remote security exploit in all 2008+ Intel platforms - May 1, 2017