IT’S THAT TIME of year again, yes, November, time for new high end GPUs to bloom. Luckily, ATI, sorry, AMD, is right on schedule. Cayman samples are now at AIBs.
Yes, you heard it right, some AIBs have Cayman chips now, and if everything else holds true to form, they should be on the store shelves across the world in 2-4 weeks. The kits come with a Cayman and some 6Ghz GDDR5, so the memory clocks will end up between 5.5-6GHz.
There are a lot of really bad rumors going around the net right now so be careful what you believe. The two things that we know are true is the memory speed and that barring a last second glitch, you will be buying them before Dec 1. Everything else should be taken with a glacier sized grain of salt.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel to launch an Atom, Xeon-D, XMM7560 LTE and more - Feb 20, 2017
- Qualcomm announces two 802.11ax chip - Feb 13, 2017
- LG has a good reason to use a Snapdragon 821 in the G6 - Feb 10, 2017
- Telstra, Qualcomm, Ericsson, and Netgear launch GbLTE - Feb 9, 2017
- Flex Logix announces a first customer, DARPA - Jan 23, 2017