IT’S THAT TIME of year again, yes, November, time for new high end GPUs to bloom. Luckily, ATI, sorry, AMD, is right on schedule. Cayman samples are now at AIBs.
Yes, you heard it right, some AIBs have Cayman chips now, and if everything else holds true to form, they should be on the store shelves across the world in 2-4 weeks. The kits come with a Cayman and some 6Ghz GDDR5, so the memory clocks will end up between 5.5-6GHz.
There are a lot of really bad rumors going around the net right now so be careful what you believe. The two things that we know are true is the memory speed and that barring a last second glitch, you will be buying them before Dec 1. Everything else should be taken with a glacier sized grain of salt.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel silently exits a multi-billion dollar market - Jan 19, 2017
- AMD Infinity Fabric underpins everything they will make - Jan 19, 2017
- Imagination unleashes the mid-range Series 8XE Plus GPU - Jan 18, 2017
- AMD talks about Vega at a high level - Jan 17, 2017
- Intel unleashes more Kaby Lake SKUs on the yearning public - Jan 4, 2017