IT’S THAT TIME of year again, yes, November, time for new high end GPUs to bloom. Luckily, ATI, sorry, AMD, is right on schedule. Cayman samples are now at AIBs.
Yes, you heard it right, some AIBs have Cayman chips now, and if everything else holds true to form, they should be on the store shelves across the world in 2-4 weeks. The kits come with a Cayman and some 6Ghz GDDR5, so the memory clocks will end up between 5.5-6GHz.
There are a lot of really bad rumors going around the net right now so be careful what you believe. The two things that we know are true is the memory speed and that barring a last second glitch, you will be buying them before Dec 1. Everything else should be taken with a glacier sized grain of salt.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Globalfoundries 7nm process isn’t even close to the name - Sep 26, 2016
- ARM upgrades realtime offerings to v8-R and adds Cortex-R52 - Sep 21, 2016
- Everspin and Globalfoundries team up for embedded ST-MRAM - Sep 15, 2016
- Intel’s Xpoint is pretty much broken - Sep 12, 2016
- ARM adds 2048-bit vectors to v8A with SVE - Sep 7, 2016