NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD talks a little bit more about Seattle - Aug 28, 2014
- Memblaze makes flash aware wide RAID solutions - Aug 22, 2014
- Bland title for a good GPU story on AMD and Nvidia - Aug 20, 2014
- Analysis: What does the automotive market look like for Nvidia? - Aug 19, 2014
- Analysis: Nvidia refocuses it’s Tegra program - Aug 15, 2014