NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm announces 10nm Centriq 2400 ARM server SoC - Dec 7, 2016
- Broadcom fills out StrataDNX with three new chips - Nov 30, 2016
- Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0 us based on USB-PD - Nov 28, 2016
- Intel outs lots of AI focused bits at AI day - Nov 17, 2016
- Qualcomm unveils the first 10nm phone SoC, Snapdragon 835 - Nov 17, 2016