NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- VESA shows off working USB-C Alt Mode with Displayport - Mar 24, 2015
- UzBrain’s Rail Gun turns a toy weapon into an FPS controller - Mar 18, 2015
- Fotonation uses computational imaging to focus faces - Mar 17, 2015
- HSA foundation releases v1.0 of their namesake spec - Mar 16, 2015
- Mediatek tries to offer the complete device stack - Mar 16, 2015