NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Nvidia’s Kepler license has no chance of success - Jun 19, 2013
- Gigabyte’s Brix is a useful Intel NUC - Jun 19, 2013
- Gigabyte goes network heavy with new server boards - Jun 17, 2013
- Apple pushes performance boundaries with the new MacBook - Jun 12, 2013
- AMCC X-Gene 64-bit silicon spotted in the wild - Jun 5, 2013