THE PHONE CALL came in out of the blue from a friend that works at a fruity themed company, “You at CES? Want to see something interesting?”. With those words, one of the biggest questions about the iPhone 5 was on the road to being answered.
Being snide, when we met up in a dark corner of the Venetian Hotel, I said, “Is that an iPhone 5 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?”. Needless to say, it was an iPhone 5, and from that point, I was sworn to secrecy.
That said, he did allow me to say one thing, the iPhone 5 will have a mini displayport jack on it, so you can finally do video out. Or you can just buy one of 74 phones not controlled by puritans with hangups about bikinis. Your choice.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Broadcom fills out StrataDNX with three new chips - Nov 30, 2016
- Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0 us based on USB-PD - Nov 28, 2016
- Intel outs lots of AI focused bits at AI day - Nov 17, 2016
- Qualcomm unveils the first 10nm phone SoC, Snapdragon 835 - Nov 17, 2016
- Intel preferentially offers two customers Skylake Xeon CPUs - Nov 17, 2016