It looks like Nvidia (NVDA)just abruptly ended the term of their CFO for reasons that they don’t want public. The official explanation on why David White is going is for ‘personal reasons’, nothing to worry about there, really.
The official word says that all is happy, and Jen-Hsun Huang even is quoted as thanking him, but the abruptness of the entire affair leaves a lot of questions hanging. Sources questioned by SemiAccurate today said that during meetings with Mr White late last week, there was no mention of any trouble.
Given the recent stock plunge, little ‘whoopsies’ in front of financial analysts, and enough rumors about issues at the company to keep a TLA busy for years, things like this are hardly unexpected. The real question is what prompted it, and was it meant to hide something, or possibly start making a scapegoat? Nothing hard to point to yet, but there are more credible rumors running around Nvidia than any other company in recent memory.
Either way, the morass that is Nvidia finance is going to be incredibly fun to watch, especially if some of the bold and very public claims to analysts are ever asked to be backed up. Grab an extra-large bucket of popcorn, this is only the beginning.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Redhat put Calxeda based ARM servers in to production - May 15, 2013
- Why would Nvidia release an unlocked GTX680 to GTX770 BIOS? - May 14, 2013
- Get a Nvidia GTX770 free! Bios flash and GTX680 not included but required. - May 13, 2013
- XBox Next/720 architecture only adds to Microsoft’s problems - May 13, 2013
- Intel talks about their 22nm P1271 SoC process for Silvermont - May 10, 2013