Remember when we said that Qualcomm decided to bang the branding drum really hard at Computex? That was only the beginning.
Qualcomm went from the quiet type to draping Taipei in Snapdragon logos, you could hardly spit without hitting a cab with a Snapdragon logo.* Same goes for billboards, and just about every sell-able piece of space in the city. It was pretty obvious that the company is trying to start something big.
Seen this? You will.
Step forward a few months, and what did I find on a new cell phone? The Samsung Galaxy S I purchased a bit ago (since returned FWIW) had the above logo on it. Qualcomm is getting very serious about brand building, keep an eye on them.S|A
*S|A does not endorse spitting in public unless you are on a farm of at least 80 acres in size.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel silently exits a multi-billion dollar market - Jan 19, 2017
- AMD Infinity Fabric underpins everything they will make - Jan 19, 2017
- Imagination unleashes the mid-range Series 8XE Plus GPU - Jan 18, 2017
- AMD talks about Vega at a high level - Jan 17, 2017
- Intel unleashes more Kaby Lake SKUs on the yearning public - Jan 4, 2017