We hear that Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) has sent out Kepler pricing to AIBs in the far east, or will once the New Year party dies down. A few green-tinged moles, we think it’s the New Year’s celebratory hair dye, tell SemiAccurate that the initial Kepler/GK104 cards will be priced around the $299 mark. This should tell you quite a bit about how large the silicon is, but not necessarily what it will be marketed as.
There are two caveats to this number that you should be aware of. First, this is the initial round of pricing, and as we know, they do change, volume, yields etc. Second, it could well be a red herring to try and crater AMD 79xx sales, even given the number of sources that gave us the same number. Lets see how long it takes for the echo chamber to ‘independently confirm’ this one.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What is behind the fake Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 overheating rumors? - Mar 2, 2015
- NXP pulls hardware security into embedded ARM controllers - Feb 25, 2015
- AMD outs a few Carrizzo circuitry details - Feb 23, 2015
- Razer opens up VR headwear with their OSVR project - Feb 23, 2015
- Violin Memory release new flash arrays and software - Feb 17, 2015