We hear that Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) has sent out Kepler pricing to AIBs in the far east, or will once the New Year party dies down. A few green-tinged moles, we think it’s the New Year’s celebratory hair dye, tell SemiAccurate that the initial Kepler/GK104 cards will be priced around the $299 mark. This should tell you quite a bit about how large the silicon is, but not necessarily what it will be marketed as.
There are two caveats to this number that you should be aware of. First, this is the initial round of pricing, and as we know, they do change, volume, yields etc. Second, it could well be a red herring to try and crater AMD 79xx sales, even given the number of sources that gave us the same number. Lets see how long it takes for the echo chamber to ‘independently confirm’ this one.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What console will sell more than all the rest combined in 2014? - Apr 23, 2014
- Altera puts hard FP functions in Arria 10 and Stratix 10 - Apr 22, 2014
- Samsung lays down the design law to Apple - Apr 22, 2014
- What kind of numbers are Intel contra-revenue funding? - Apr 21, 2014
- SemiAccurate was right about Apple’s foundry plans - Apr 17, 2014