Since the introduction of AMD’s Vision branding and marketing efforts, we’ve seen the company incrementally update almost all of its logos. It appears that AMD has decided that it’s high time to update their CrossFireX logo. We first noticed this change on an FM2 motherboard that we looked at recently.
CrossFireX was first introduced back in 2005 with the launch of the Phenom based Spider high-end desktop platform back in late 2007. At the time it offered consumer the ability to run four graphics cards in parallel. This was an interesting improvement over the original CrossFire (note the lack of an X) which only allowed two graphics cards to run in parallel.
What do you think about the new logo, sound off in the forums.S|A
Latest posts by Thomas Ryan (see all)
- Biostar takes on Mining with the TB250-BTX PRO - Jun 27, 2017
- AMD Launches its Radeon Instinct Server Accelerators - Jun 22, 2017
- A Look at AMD’s EPYC Line-up - Jun 21, 2017
- AMD Details EPYC’s Power Efficiency - Jun 20, 2017
- Intel’s Skylake-X and Kabylake-X Meet Our Scale - Jun 19, 2017