Apple has just done something that SemiAccurate has been expecting for months and entered the fab industry. No we are not joking, Apple just bought into a fab, and not in a trivial way either.
Once again, we heartily thank our subscribers for supporting us. Your support is the only thing that allows us to send our writers to conferences such as SemiCon West where they can talk to the engineers and the companies and get exclusive scoops like this. Thank you!
If you are not a subscriber feel free to explore our TOS, linked in the menu above and then Subscribe! Especially as the background to this is old but subscriber only too.S|A
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD, Nvidia, Cell Phones, process tech, and schedules - Dec 19, 2014
- Toshiba shows off UHS-II bus SD cards - Dec 17, 2014
- Marvell introduces their 88PA6120 3D printer SoC and HDK - Dec 15, 2014
- AMD cuts FirePro prices and talks up quality - Dec 10, 2014
- STMicro shows off the first ARM M7 core - Dec 8, 2014