Apple has just done something that SemiAccurate has been expecting for months and entered the fab industry. No we are not joking, Apple just bought into a fab, and not in a trivial way either.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Once again, we heartily thank our subscribers for supporting us. Your support is the only thing that allows us to send our writers to conferences such as SemiCon West where they can talk to the engineers and the companies and get exclusive scoops like this. Thank you!
If you are not a subscriber feel free to explore our TOS, linked in the menu above and then Subscribe! Especially as the background to this is old but subscriber only too.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- ST brings Java, widgets, and code generation to the STM32 line - Dec 11, 2013
- LSI shows off 28nm 28Gbps SerDes for 32Gb FC and 100GbE - Dec 10, 2013
- LSI extends Syncro to four nodes and beyond - Dec 10, 2013
- Tablet OSes killed Windows 8 and Microsoft with it - Dec 9, 2013
- ARM makes a learning remote that will never need batteries - Dec 5, 2013