AMD is announcing two new old Opterons, the 12-core 6338P and the 16-core 6370P. Both are low-wattage versions of the current Piledriver based parts, so nothing really new here.
The specs for the two parts are 2.0/2.5GHz base/turbo for the 6370P and 2.3/2.8GHz for the 6338P. Both are 99W TDP versions of the current Piledriver core Warsaw CPU, and both support four channels of DDR3-1600. For those wanting such a device, AMD will sell you a 6338P for $377 and a 6370P for $598.S|A
Updated Jan 22, 2014 1:00pm: Changed Steamroller to Piledriver, it was a mistake. Someone remind me not to write with a screwed up back.
Have you signed up for our newsletter yet?
Did you know that you can access all our past subscription-only articles with a simple Student Membership for 100 USD per year? If you want in-depth analysis and exclusive exclusives, we don’t make the news, we just report it so there is no guarantee when exclusives are added to the Professional level but that’s where you’ll find the deep dive analysis.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- ARM enters the radio IP market with Cordio - Oct 26, 2016
- Nintendo NX/Switch uses Tegra like SemiAccurate said - Oct 24, 2016
- Qualcomm fills in the midrange with Snapdragon 653, 626, and 427 - Oct 24, 2016
- Alibaba and AMD collaborate on GPUs in the cloud - Oct 14, 2016
- The PC market freefall continues, here is how to fix it - Oct 14, 2016