Word has it that AMD is going to make a big announcement later today at the Open Compute Summit. A new chip? A new paradigm? A groundbreaking application? What could it be?
While AMD isn’t talking, SemiAccurate’s moles are. What are the litttle dears saying on this midwinter’s night? Not much really, just that AMD is now sampling its first ARM cored product called Seattle, that and the current temperature outside the office is -9F. This SoC is based on a vanilla ARM A57 core wrapped in a pretty standard AMD uncore with PCIe lanes, excuse me Freedom Fabric, on die. Be still my beating heart.S|A
Have you signed up for our newsletter yet?
Did you know that you can access all our past subscription-only articles with a simple Student Membership for 100 USD per year? If you want in-depth analysis and exclusive exclusives, we don’t make the news, we just report it so there is no guarantee when exclusives are added to the Professional level but that’s where you’ll find the deep dive analysis.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm announces two 802.11ax chip - Feb 13, 2017
- LG has a good reason to use a Snapdragon 821 in the G6 - Feb 10, 2017
- Telstra, Qualcomm, Ericsson, and Netgear launch GbLTE - Feb 9, 2017
- Flex Logix announces a first customer, DARPA - Jan 23, 2017
- Intel silently exits a multi-billion dollar market - Jan 19, 2017