Word has it that AMD is going to make a big announcement later today at the Open Compute Summit. A new chip? A new paradigm? A groundbreaking application? What could it be?
While AMD isn’t talking, SemiAccurate’s moles are. What are the litttle dears saying on this midwinter’s night? Not much really, just that AMD is now sampling its first ARM cored product called Seattle, that and the current temperature outside the office is -9F. This SoC is based on a vanilla ARM A57 core wrapped in a pretty standard AMD uncore with PCIe lanes, excuse me Freedom Fabric, on die. Be still my beating heart.S|A
Have you signed up for our newsletter yet?
Did you know that you can access all our past subscription-only articles with a simple Student Membership for 100 USD per year? If you want in-depth analysis and exclusive exclusives, we don’t make the news, we just report it so there is no guarantee when exclusives are added to the Professional level but that’s where you’ll find the deep dive analysis.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel crosses an unacceptable ethical line - Mar 27, 2017
- Intel releases consumer M.2 Xpoint SSDs - Mar 27, 2017
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 205, a high-end low-end SoC - Mar 20, 2017
- Intel officially introduces Xpoint with the DC P4800X SSD - Mar 19, 2017
- Dell shows off an 8K HDR monitor - Mar 15, 2017