Is Intel’s worst financial nightmare finally coming true? If a recent press release from Altera and Baidu are to be believed, Intel has a right to be scared stiff.
On the surface the release is nothing more than a somewhat obscure HPC technology demo, but the implications are much more serious. As they say, one is a data point, two is a trend. This release is number two, the first was deadly serious enough, and numbers 3-[insert large number here] aren’t talking. Yet.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Epyc has lots of connections - Jun 26, 2017
- AMD’s Epyc is a major advance in security - Jun 22, 2017
- Intel talks about Skylake’s mesh interconnect - Jun 15, 2017
- Intel announces X-Series and more without details - May 30, 2017
- AMD talks Threadripper, Ryzen Mobile, and Ryzen Pro - May 22, 2017