AMD is slipping their GPU roadmap by a few quarters, but why and which ones are the interesting part. More important to the semiconductor space at large though is which one of the likely causes is behind the slip.
You might recall when SemiAccurate exclusively brought you the name Vega 10, at the time we had it pegged as VG10, we also had some dates and specs. Our sources were quite specific about the launches, and we are fairly sure that the ‘Capsaicin’ slide deck represents between a minor and significant slip. Lets take a look at this in detail.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel to launch an Atom, Xeon-D, XMM7560 LTE and more - Feb 20, 2017
- Qualcomm announces two 802.11ax chip - Feb 13, 2017
- LG has a good reason to use a Snapdragon 821 in the G6 - Feb 10, 2017
- Telstra, Qualcomm, Ericsson, and Netgear launch GbLTE - Feb 9, 2017
- Flex Logix announces a first customer, DARPA - Jan 23, 2017