SemiAccurate Forums  

Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > Software

Software The code that runs on computers

Old 09-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Banned

y eye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DX 10.1 VS DX 11 can you see the difference?

.................................................. ..............................

.................................................. ............................................. DirectX 10.1 vs. DirectX 11: Can You See the Difference?

.................................................. .... Like with the jump from DirectX 9 to DirectX 10, you'll have to really concentrate hard to see what's changed
.................................................. .................................. between the two versions. If you can even really tell which version is which.
.................................................. .................................... More » By Jason Chen More shots over at Firing Squad. [Firing Squad]

.................................................. ............ ......

.................................................. ...................

Last edited by y eye; 09-26-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
>intel 4004

rich wargo will become famous soon enoughrich wargo will become famous soon enough

Oh yes, very difficult to tell
Oh, and everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion. I do not represent anyone. Especially the alleged company of which I am no longer an alleged employee.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
itanic

Catapostrophé is on a distinguished road

On the other pictures I mostly see improved shadows, and that's nice, but hardly something you'd notice when playing a game.
I look forward to BC6 and BC7 (improved texture compression) to do great things for computer games, though. Look at gas-mask-guy's clothes; horrible resolution.

I expect DirectX 12 will include the filter used in every crime lab in the universe, where insanely blurry license plates, can be made super sharp by the press of a button. Or have I been watching too much TV?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 AM
2^11

Alexko will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Alexko

There's a bit of tessellation too: look at the gas mask, the character's shoulders or the top of his head.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

Default -"-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapostrophé View Post
On the other pictures I mostly see improved shadows, and that's nice, but hardly something you'd notice when playing a game.
I look forward to BC6 and BC7 (improved texture compression) to do great things for computer games, though. Look at gas-mask-guy's clothes; horrible resolution.

I expect DirectX 12 will include the filter used in every crime lab in the universe, where insanely blurry license plates, can be made super sharp by the press of a button. Or have I been watching too much TV?
I have a problem with that as well.
After capturing and depositing a photo, my next task is to transfer the picture to the post's open window and that requires another capture and deposit. The problem, or one of the major problems, is you do not know what I am seeing and I do not know what you are seeing on your end. Another viewer of the posted photo does not know if he is seeing the same and so forth... Our best case seems to be to compare the differences between two photos... Alexko is on the mark and what I looked for from his statement could not be confirmed. Maybe that means that there may be a difference in our final representations that we do not know how to define... -"-
Old 09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
itanic

Of course I see the tesselation. By "the other pictures" I was referring to the other pictures, the ones in the link.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

Default -"-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapostrophé View Post
Of course I see the tesselation. By "the other pictures" I was referring to the other pictures, the ones in the link.
The upper picture of two images is from a source that is not the same as the lower larger photos. I believe Alexko was describing the lower pictures. If you would state which picture you are describing and give your definition and extent of tessellation then I would have something to relate to, like a visual template that I can place onto my screen over the pictures for comparrison. I am using a 30" Dell set on Dell default. The resolution is set for 1920 x 1200 and is monitored by Powerstrip Software. All outline lines are smooth.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
itanic

I'm not talking about tesselation. The tesselation is obvious.

You gave a link to Firing Squad, which led to this. Look at the shadows in images 5 through 8. They are much more defined in DirectX 11. Yougamers also have the same pictures.

I'm also saying that tesselation doesn't help if the textures are ugly. If you have a pretty girl and you throw an ugly old blanket over her, it doesn't matter if her shape is nice and round under it.

Oh, and I tried to make a joke, too.

Last edited by Catapostrophé; 09-27-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 PM
2^11

alvter will become famous soon enoughalvter will become famous soon enough

there is more finer depth detail in the DX11 pictures due to the shadowing and shading. Also, the sky's are much nicer. Put the two pictures in photoshop in layers. Then turn the front layer on and off a few times and you will see a big difference between the pictures.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 AM
itanic

Funny, that's exactly what I did!