SemiAccurate Forums  

Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > GPUs

GPUs Talk about graphics, cards, chips and technologies

Old Today, 06:04 PM
>intel 4004

testbug00 will become famous soon enough

Well, if HardOCP's video ends up representing the feel of games... WOW, does AMD have a competitive product. I need terms of feel.

I think it was like 10 people, 1 Prefered Nvidia, 3-4 preferred AMD, everyone else said equal.

Is it conclusive? NO!

TBH, I am wondering now if HBCC was a response to the fluidity issues that Nvidia's FCAT brought up. And as AMD/RTG realized they couldn't keep up in due sizes they rebranded it for professional market, instead of consumer one.

Because to me, the timing of it lines up decently with an idea done because of FCAT.
Old Today, 06:30 PM
itanic

Avery is on a distinguished road

Would love to see the same monitor used in tests. No G-Sync or FreeSync. Just use the Enhanced Sync or Nvidia Fast Sync and let the numbers show. After that look at price and also noise and thermals.
Old Today, 06:56 PM
2^11

distinctively has a spectacular aura aboutdistinctively has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery View Post
Would love to see the same monitor used in tests. No G-Sync or FreeSync. Just use the Enhanced Sync or Nvidia Fast Sync and let the numbers show. After that look at price and also noise and thermals.
I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of that in a few more days.

I doubt many people would be using Vega or a 1080ti without a 4K freesync/G-Sync monitor. Letting the numbers show is simply not what this test is about. It's about smooth gameplay. As pointed out already, fps can be deceiving.
Price will almost assuredly be in favour of Vega.
Thermals and noise will depend entirely on the specific coolers on each card. If it was the water cooled Vega, then the hat will tip to Vega again, unless of course it's up against a water cooled ti.

Last edited by distinctively; Today at 07:04 PM.
Old Today, 07:48 PM
itanic

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by testbug00 View Post
Well, if HardOCP's video ends up representing the feel of games... WOW, does AMD have a competitive product. I need terms of feel.

I think it was like 10 people, 1 Prefered Nvidia, 3-4 preferred AMD, everyone else said equal.

Is it conclusive? NO!

TBH, I am wondering now if HBCC was a response to the fluidity issues that Nvidia's FCAT brought up. And as AMD/RTG realized they couldn't keep up in due sizes they rebranded it for professional market, instead of consumer one.

Because to me, the timing of it lines up decently with an idea done because of FCAT.
It is indeed quite interesting. Sometimes we forget (me included ) that FPS average and even frame timings are proxies for gaming experience, and, at the end, the ability for the equipment to provide a good / better gaming experience is what really matters.

If AMD manages to provide a similar gaming experience in Vega to 1080Ti at a similar or lower price point then it has a winner. Because, fankly, Freesync beats the crap of Gsync in terms of value and "future proofing".

Now, what I really want is a testing in VR headsets
Old Today, 07:49 PM
8-bit overflow

Bluefoot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by livebriand View Post
https://twitter.com/idSoftwareTiago/...22616157958144

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnqjXjIbW8

This is the big news, for anyone paying attention beyond Vega.
Friend of a friend does some work for iD ... messaged him about it.

His words were "total game changer". That was all he said, so obviously open to interpretation.

Anyway, given Sousa's Tweet, I suspect DOOM will be dropping a VEGA patch soon, and Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 will be extremely well optimised.

Last edited by Bluefoot; Today at 07:58 PM.

Tags
amd, vega