SemiAccurate Forums  

Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > GPUs

GPUs Talk about graphics, cards, chips and technologies

Old Today, 01:38 PM
2^11

muziqaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiD View Post
If it was only this. You say it with such calmness. But AMD should call W1zzard and warn him not to post fake information which can have tremendous influence on the sales... If I were AMD, I would call him in the court
No need for courts or anger. All AMD needs to do is release Vega, and shut everyone up
Old Today, 01:42 PM
2^11

GeorgiD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziqaz View Post
No need for courts or anger. All AMD needs to do is release Vega, and shut everyone up
But it's happening to released products too, and all the time, and always in AMD's damage. Fury X is released and shown with unreal disadvantage against its direct competitor. RX Vega isn't released yet but many are very negative about its release and I believe, even afterwards, part of the negativisim will remain.
Old Today, 01:50 PM
2^11

muziqaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiD View Post
But it's happening to released products too, and all the time, and always in AMD's damage. Fury X is released and shown with unreal disadvantage against its direct competitor. RX Vega isn't released yet but many are very negative about its release and I believe, even afterwards, part of the negativisim will remain.
Remember last time when AMD was bullish about what press is talking? It was during Fury X release, when AMD chose who will get their review sample who won't. There was huge backlash from press about it. Nothing got resolved in the end
Instead of battling so called reviewers, AMD just needs to release fully supported product to the market. They have to have drivers on release which show their GPUs at best light. Yes I know updating drivers and gaining performance over time is cool and stuff, but initial impression of sub par product remains in everyones heads.
Hopefully Vega drivers will be solid and will show GPU in best light. Obviously later optimisations can come, no problem, but majority of optimisations should be done before release.
Old Today, 01:56 PM
2^11

GeorgiD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziqaz View Post
Remember last time when AMD was bullish about what press is talking? It was during Fury X release, when AMD chose who will get their review sample who won't. There was huge backlash from press about it. Nothing got resolved in the end
Instead of battling so called reviewers, AMD just needs to release fully supported product to the market. They have to have drivers on release which show their GPUs at best light. Yes I know updating drivers and gaining performance over time is cool and stuff, but initial impression of sub par product remains in everyones heads.
Hopefully Vega drivers will be solid and will show GPU in best light. Obviously later optimisations can come, no problem, but majority of optimisations should be done before release.
Thanks for convincing me. You are right

Well, but I'll remain very', very positive about letting the jury and the court decide where the justice is, anyways...

Tags
amd, vega