SemiAccurate Forums  

 
Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > Off topic

Off topic Posts not related to technology


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 05-24-2017, 04:45 AM
Hive's Avatar
Hive Hive is offline
8-bit overflow
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just to p*ss off Steve
Posts: 399
Hive will become famous soon enoughHive will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by system7 View Post
Drashek, you really ought to consider who's side you are on. A totally morally bankrupt human being or a real person.

I really don't know who's wisdom said we should accept "S*** for Brains" Muslims into our decent liberal Christian society.

These people are evidently out to kill us and our young children with their bombs. For all that, I have many good Muslims as my friends. See, it's not an easy problem.

In my view, time will resolve all these issues. Don't let me stop you living in the past. We are, after all, just the present moving into the future. Dinosaurs died out. Mammals proved to be faster and more quick-witted than them.

I am tired of telling you the truth. Because you are not listening. But my Faith says I will live and you will die. Sorry. How it is.
I concur with Drashek. Your binary world view in black and white and with us or against us is as sensible as Pres. Choke-on-a-Brezl Bush or the dark lord Cheney.

Here's the sad part: by generalising one idiot and his terrible act with the whole religion you are doing just what all the fanatics want. How are you then not just as bad? Or at least complicit. And i'm pretty sure this kind of thinking is not what Jesus had in mind.

How is your perpetulant flaunting of your oh soooo liberal christian faith in any way different to those a**hole fundamentalist chanting 'allahu akbar'?! Your reduction of your ethics and morals to only your faith could be easily seen as big giant hole where generic human ethics should be. Morals and Ethics are quite a bit older than the 10 commandments, you know. And who made you judge of which faith is better and based on what arbitrary metrics? How many people were killed, tortured and molested in the name of each religion, since each respective founder died? I know, it's unfair - Christianity has had a head start by a few hundred years.

Whatever your faith keeps telling you: keep it to yourself - that's the easiest and best way of peaceful coexistence. How about that for a change? That is true liberalism: each to their own and stop bothering others with your personal sh#t.

If you want to start to stop muslim fundamentalism: ask Theresa the Magnificent to stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia, stop buying their Petro products and convince the Orange Clown to do the same.

Whaddayaknow: going green stops the export of Sunni fundamentalism.
  #312  
Old 05-24-2017, 06:18 AM
pmoses pmoses is offline
2^10
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sokolov, Czech Republic
Posts: 1,135
pmoses is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive View Post
How is your perpetulant flaunting of your oh soooo liberal christian faith in any way different to those a**hole fundamentalist chanting 'allahu akbar'?! Your reduction of your ethics and morals to only your faith could be easily seen as big giant hole where generic human ethics should be. Morals and Ethics are quite a bit older than the 10 commandments, you know. And who made you judge of which faith is better and based on what arbitrary metrics? How many people were killed, tortured and molested in the name of each religion, since each respective founder died? I know, it's unfair - Christianity has had a head start by a few hundred years.
If you count numbers, then national and international socialism wins with great distance. Part of belief in socialism is that it is "scientific socialism"
Quote:
Whatever your faith keeps telling you: keep it to yourself - that's the easiest and best way of peaceful coexistence. How about that for a change? That is true liberalism: each to their own and stop bothering others with your personal sh#t.
Your idea is in accordance with golden rule: "laissez faire". Don't let anyone bother you with his ideas, faiths. If you want to follow your faith, you have to pay for it. Divide state and religion.
Quote:
If you want to start to stop muslim fundamentalism: ask Theresa the Magnificent to stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia, stop buying their Petro products and convince the Orange Clown to do the same.

Whaddayaknow: going green stops the export of Sunni fundamentalism.
Don't sell guns outside your own country is good idea, which helped Switzerland. And going green - like China today heavily invests in lowering carbon footprint is very good idea too.
  #313  
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM
system7 system7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 2,766
system7 will become famous soon enough
Default

*non-technical discussion removed* This is not a place to air religious or political issues. Take those discussions elsewhere.
  #314  
Old 05-24-2017, 12:02 PM
Drashek Drashek is offline
8-bit overflow
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 535
Drashek is on a distinguished road
Default

*personal discussion removed*
  #315  
Old 05-24-2017, 12:11 PM
sdlvx sdlvx is offline
2^11
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,489
sdlvx will become famous soon enough
Default

How can you be racist against a religion? Specially when that religion is comprised of several races.
__________________
Within 27% margin of error and 3mm off my estimate of something 4mm, good enough to predict the future
  #316  
Old 05-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Drashek Drashek is offline
8-bit overflow
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 535
Drashek is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post
How can you be racist against a religion? Specially when that religion is comprised of several races.
Religious intolerance then pedant

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8591660
  #317  
Old 05-24-2017, 01:26 PM
system7 system7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 2,766
system7 will become famous soon enough
Default

The point about the UK is we came here to get away from the rest of the World. Something about living on an Island. Christianity survived by the skin of its teeth here. We were driven West by the horrible Eastern tribes. Mongols, Russians, whatever...

The climate's not great. I'd rather live in Los Angeles, USA, TBH.

My favourite address would probably be Mulholland Drive.

That or Provence in the South of France. Much the same landscape, IMO.

My advice to you, Drashek, is to lighten up a bit. We are all dead in the long run. But for a glorious moment, WE LIVE!
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SemiAccurate is a division of Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. Copyright 2009 Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc, all rights reserved.