Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > Off topic

Off topic Posts not related to technology

Old 03-19-2017, 12:05 AM
>intel 4004

boom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHarris View Post
So tell me how that makes money bad.
Strawman. I never once said the fundamental idea of a currency is "bad." Please stop making assumptions.

Once you add human nature to the idea of currency, it becomes perverted over time. Without some form of governmental check, equality breaks down as capital flows only to a handful. My issue is the unchecked human nature of avarice running wild. That turns very bad, very quickly as those with a lot of money begin to control everyone else.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:29 AM
2^11

GeorgiD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by system7 View Post
Why do we hate rich, successful, educated and handsome people so much? And try to drag them down. Surely we all want to go that way? Just envy, I suppose. Human nature
A person as George Soros is more likely to be rich, old, ugly and evil. Or Bernie Ecclestone. We don't want to be like them.

Those rich people sometimes have extremely poor influence on the society and drag it in the completely wrong directions...
Old 03-19-2017, 12:36 PM
2^11

system7 will become famous soon enough

I suspect that "rich, old, ugly and evil" might be a more promising situation than "poor, old, ugly and evil". But I'd accept that George Soros and Bernie Eccleston, and even Rupert Murdoch aren't LOOKERS.

Everybody is in it for themselves.

This is how evolution works. If you are rich or powerful enough, you can buy any fit young female. You might not buy her heart, but certainly her outward affections and longing for Kitchen gadgets. Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlett Johannsen, I'm looking at YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birece Ambrose
BELLADONNA, n. In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
I was struck by the two versions of riding my modest bicycle to work. Under the EU regulations, I must wear a reflective vest, legal lights and a helmet that resembles 7 fluuorescent bananas strapped to my head, which TBH, won't save my life in impact situations. Otherwise, with Brexit, I just save 20 minutes preparation, keep my wits about me, and head off being aware of the large number of reckless (immigrant) car drivers about.

I think I prefer the Cynic's view of life. It is a battle against Human Stupidity. But I still enjoy speculating about where it is all heading. Here's the Holographic Doctor in Star Trek Voyager living in the present moment and dealing with a minor Vulcan crisis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIjOifRG-u8

Such Artistry. Such style. BRAVO!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:17 PM
2^11

GeorgiD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by system7 View Post
This is how evolution works. If you are rich or powerful enough, you can buy any fit young female.
The best genes do not belong to the rich people. For the evolution it might be much better to choose relatively poor people with the best genes, rather than those random richmen. Richmen can be such thanks to illegal practices too.

Women like all (or most) human beings like the luxury conditions and that's why it is easier for them to accept shared residence with the aforementioned.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:21 PM
2^11

I make no claims on genetic superiority. Except that it tends to be one of the guiding principles of the Universe.

AFAIK, stupid parents can hatch a bright offspring. Just one of those outcomes. It can go the other way.

I found Jeremy Clarkson's idea of who would win a fight interesting. US's Superhero Superman or UK's Superagent James Bond? TBH, James Bond would know he is beaten in a level fight.

He'd just keep a lump of Green Kryptonite tucked down his shirt. And win. Unfairly. But win.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:37 PM
640k who needs more?

JonHarris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Strawman. I never once said the fundamental idea of a currency is "bad." Please stop making assumptions.

Once you add human nature to the idea of currency, it becomes perverted over time. Without some form of governmental check, equality breaks down as capital flows only to a handful. My issue is the unchecked human nature of avarice running wild. That turns very bad, very quickly as those with a lot of money begin to control everyone else.
I think your problem is jealously. You spend your whole time inferring that money is bad and when called out on it you shrink away and offer a cop out paragraph.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:45 PM
2^11

alvter will become famous soon enoughalvter will become famous soon enough

I think Winston Churchill said it best: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."

That can be applied to anything. Example: "Money is the worst form of exchange, except for all the others."
Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM
>intel 4004

boom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHarris View Post
I think your problem is jealously. You spend your whole time inferring that money is bad and when called out on it you shrink away and offer a cop out paragraph.
Quit with the assumptions and strawman. I said money equals control.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM
640k who needs more?

JonHarris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Quit with the assumptions and strawman. I said money equals control.
Quit deflecting.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 PM
2^11

I've probably been reading too much of Chipping Camden's second most famous resident Jeremy Clarkson.

Amazingly, he is widely tipped to be our next Prime Minister!

I'm all for it. It was he who called out (another) hopeless Labour leader Ed Miliband as being a complete "Twat". Ed, IIRC, said that a privately educated Conservative Rich Prime Minister from Chipping Camden was out of touch with real voters. Well, excuse me, Ed, as a privately educated Jew from a priveliged background, do you have any more sensitivity to the issue of poverty than our Dave. He thinks poverty is a BAD IDEA! And so do I. You should get back to being a Doctor.

Unless you are S/A's favourite village idiot, you probably are not surprised to find that the The Manchester Guardian has unearthed compelling evidence that Climate Change is about to destroy our lives. Well, they would, wouldn't they? And I'm sure they conclude that a huge tax on something or the other (especially top schools like Eton, foxhunting and the Queen) will save us.

I, on the other hand, being a man of broad education, know that tropical Giraffes and Hippos used to inhabit Surrey's rolling hills 50,000 years ago. Why are they extinct? Possibly because they voted Labour and were felled by the blades of stupid wind-turbines.

Tags
good person, goodness, love, values