SemiAccurate Forums  

Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > Software

Software The code that runs on computers

Old 02-01-2017, 10:27 PM
>intel 4004

boom is on a distinguished road

If you run desktop linux just avoid all the intel small core products. This still isn't fixed.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:46 AM
itanic

cfone is on a distinguished road

I have another baytrail tablet to test with now, will just try running off a USB stick to see what stability is like. Tablets ok except the processor runs way too hot for the lack of cooling especially when charging the battery. Sometimes have to hold an ice pack up against the back skin to keep temp down and throttle free. These chips are thrown into form factors where they don't belong... I guess that's what happens when Intel gives em away for little to no cost.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM
>intel 4004

boom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfone View Post
I have another baytrail tablet to test with now, will just try running off a USB stick to see what stability is like. Tablets ok except the processor runs way too hot for the lack of cooling especially when charging the battery. Sometimes have to hold an ice pack up against the back skin to keep temp down and throttle free. These chips are thrown into form factors where they don't belong... I guess that's what happens when Intel gives em away for little to no cost.
Anything above 3.16 kernel + watching youtube or video results in a hard freeze. Only solution is to disable c-states which may cause your tablet serious problems.