ONE OF THE highlights of October in Taipei is not the odd Typhoon, but IDF in Taipei. We crashed it last year, and it was a lot of fun, so we did it again this year.
Slightly sparser than CeBIT 2009
Held every fall at the Taipei International Convention Center (TICC), it is smaller and more focused than the IDF in San Francisco. This year, it was much smaller, just one lone nut out front carrying the IDF flag.
Anyone got a Power 5+?
Since Intel canceled IDF/Taipei 2009, the show became a little less vibrant than it was in preceding years, but we still showed up and had the usual odd time that is a trade show in Taipei. Luckily, the cops didn’t hassle any SemiAccurate representative or our photographer who probably doesn’t want to be mentioned.
See you all at the TICC next year for a repeat of the merriment.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- ARM moves Mbed OS from ISG to IPG - Apr 5, 2020
- Chinese Government takes control of Imagination Technologies - Apr 4, 2020
- Intel launches 10-Series -H ‘Comet Lake’ mobile CPUs - Apr 2, 2020
- How many PCIe5 lanes does Sapphire Rapids have? - Mar 20, 2020
- What does Intel’s server platform cancellation mean? - Mar 16, 2020