NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm brings 5G to the mid-market with the 690 - Jun 16, 2020
- Intel launches the Lakefield SoC - Jun 10, 2020
- Is IBM killing off Power? - Jun 3, 2020
- ARM outs Custom-X program, Cortex-X1, and Cortex-A78 cores - May 26, 2020
- ARM launches 2nd gen Valhall GPUs, Mali-G78 and Mali-G68 - May 26, 2020