NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm outs the Snapdragon 765 and 865 - Dec 3, 2019
- Chris Hook and Heather Lennon leave Intel - Nov 27, 2019
- Information about the recent chip company reorg surface - Nov 26, 2019
- When is the 64-core Threadripper 3 due out? - Nov 26, 2019
- Decoding Intel’s Customer Supply Update letter - Nov 25, 2019