Remember when we said that Qualcomm decided to bang the branding drum really hard at Computex? That was only the beginning.
Qualcomm went from the quiet type to draping Taipei in Snapdragon logos, you could hardly spit without hitting a cab with a Snapdragon logo.* Same goes for billboards, and just about every sell-able piece of space in the city. It was pretty obvious that the company is trying to start something big.
Seen this? You will.
Step forward a few months, and what did I find on a new cell phone? The Samsung Galaxy S I purchased a bit ago (since returned FWIW) had the above logo on it. Qualcomm is getting very serious about brand building, keep an eye on them.S|A
*S|A does not endorse spitting in public unless you are on a farm of at least 80 acres in size.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel shows off 10nm 112Gbps SerDes - Mar 12, 2019
- Intel releases Compute Express Link spec - Mar 11, 2019
- Qualcomm rolls out a second gen 5G modem called X55 - Feb 19, 2019
- What is Intel’s Foveros tech and what isn’t it? - Feb 11, 2019
- Why SemiAccurate called 10nm wrong - Jan 25, 2019