Remember when we said that Qualcomm decided to bang the branding drum really hard at Computex? That was only the beginning.
Qualcomm went from the quiet type to draping Taipei in Snapdragon logos, you could hardly spit without hitting a cab with a Snapdragon logo.* Same goes for billboards, and just about every sell-able piece of space in the city. It was pretty obvious that the company is trying to start something big.
Seen this? You will.
Step forward a few months, and what did I find on a new cell phone? The Samsung Galaxy S I purchased a bit ago (since returned FWIW) had the above logo on it. Qualcomm is getting very serious about brand building, keep an eye on them.S|A
*S|A does not endorse spitting in public unless you are on a farm of at least 80 acres in size.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD shrinks GPUs to 12nm with the Radeon RX590 - Nov 15, 2018
- Coolit water cools Cascade-AP CPUs - Nov 14, 2018
- Intel tries to pretend they have 5G silicon with the XMM 8160 - Nov 12, 2018
- AMD’s Rome is indeed a monster - Nov 9, 2018
- Intel announces Cascade Lake-AP MCM - Nov 5, 2018