If you recall, we got the Sea Islands code name really wrong, but the internal initials are actually CI, not SI2 or SI. Note the caps in this article from April 6, 2011. And do you get the EMACS joke now? The next attack is usually along the lines of, “But you didn’t know what they stood for”. Take a look here, the phrase, “think volcanic island more than Southern” wasn’t an accident.
There are lots of these, and with that, we can announce a little contest. The first person who finds one of our “Pie” jokes, for PI of course, and posts it in the forums will be sent something. What we don’t know, but we will dig up something cute, not valuable, and sent it along eventually. Now do you get some of the jokes?
For those new to the site, there are dozens of these little far future code name jokes hidden in the articles we post. The CI, VI, and PI code names have been known to SemiAccurate for 18+ months, just ask Eric Demers when we told him…….S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- More on Intel’s 10nm process problems - Sep 17, 2018
- Intel puts out another 14nm 2020 server platform - Sep 11, 2018
- Why Can’t Intel Supply Enough 14nm Xeons? - Sep 10, 2018
- Intel can’t supply 14nm Xeons, HPE directly recommends AMD Epyc - Sep 7, 2018
- AMD reintroduces the Athlon name with two CPUs - Sep 6, 2018