It looks like Nvidia is playing naming games again, at least according to SemiAccurate’s sources. The upcoming GM204 has had a last-minute re-branding to make it ‘bigger’.
So what is Nvidia now calling their GM204 product, and what will it deliver? Did Nvidia rename it because we exclusively leaked the last set in July? Will these names stick until launch or will they change once again? Why are they launching the good stuff so shortly after the first launch? (Hint to non-subscribers: Wait, trust us here.) We can only answer some of those questions at the moment, so on with it.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- How many PCIe5 lanes does Sapphire Rapids have? - Mar 20, 2020
- What does Intel’s server platform cancellation mean? - Mar 16, 2020
- A few more bits on Intel’s server cancellation - Mar 16, 2020
- Intel kills off a server program - Mar 14, 2020
- When is Samsung’s 2nd gen zNAND due? - Mar 10, 2020