Is Intel’s worst financial nightmare finally coming true? If a recent press release from Altera and Baidu are to be believed, Intel has a right to be scared stiff.
On the surface the release is nothing more than a somewhat obscure HPC technology demo, but the implications are much more serious. As they say, one is a data point, two is a trend. This release is number two, the first was deadly serious enough, and numbers 3-[insert large number here] aren’t talking. Yet.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel shows off 10nm 112Gbps SerDes - Mar 12, 2019
- Intel releases Compute Express Link spec - Mar 11, 2019
- Qualcomm rolls out a second gen 5G modem called X55 - Feb 19, 2019
- What is Intel’s Foveros tech and what isn’t it? - Feb 11, 2019
- Why SemiAccurate called 10nm wrong - Jan 25, 2019