The news that SD cards are going to be replaced by UFS cards is not news, the specs for UC is. At a recent presentation, someone revealed the timelines and specs for this new format to SemiAccurate.
As a service to the industry that is only possible because the spec hasn’t been officially announced, lets all agree to call UFS Cards UC shall we? If we leave it up to the marketers and committees, we will all be stuck with something like Universal(R) FilE(TM) SYSTEM(C) for Small and Medium(R) Devices (L) intended for Registered Media(M) Sharing and Transfer(TM) or UFSFSMDiRMSaT for ‘ease’ of use. It is UC everyone, _RIGHT_? We have a chance to stop stupidity before it takes hold, do your part people. Now on with the specs.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD shrinks GPUs to 12nm with the Radeon RX590 - Nov 15, 2018
- Coolit water cools Cascade-AP CPUs - Nov 14, 2018
- Intel tries to pretend they have 5G silicon with the XMM 8160 - Nov 12, 2018
- AMD’s Rome is indeed a monster - Nov 9, 2018
- Intel announces Cascade Lake-AP MCM - Nov 5, 2018