AMD is slipping their GPU roadmap by a few quarters, but why and which ones are the interesting part. More important to the semiconductor space at large though is which one of the likely causes is behind the slip.
You might recall when SemiAccurate exclusively brought you the name Vega 10, at the time we had it pegged as VG10, we also had some dates and specs. Our sources were quite specific about the launches, and we are fairly sure that the ‘Capsaicin’ slide deck represents between a minor and significant slip. Lets take a look at this in detail.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel shows off 10nm 112Gbps SerDes - Mar 12, 2019
- Intel releases Compute Express Link spec - Mar 11, 2019
- Qualcomm rolls out a second gen 5G modem called X55 - Feb 19, 2019
- What is Intel’s Foveros tech and what isn’t it? - Feb 11, 2019
- Why SemiAccurate called 10nm wrong - Jan 25, 2019