So what are the specs for AMD’s upcoming Zen based SoCs, specifically Raven Ridge? SemiAccurate can bring you most of the goodies but given the launch window some things are a bit fuzzy.
You might recall at Computex AMD was showing their presentations and the Zen video itself on a Zen based system. This was a bit self-referential but they broke that trend when they showed it running the new Doom a few days later at E3. In short this part is nearly ready, runs publicly, and if it can run Doom tolerably, should be a pretty good all around consumer part. Assuming the specs are solid. Luckily you can now decide that for yourself.
(Note: Fudo got this first but missed a few details. Also his Horned Owl/Great Horned Owl code names and timetables are for the embedded/server versions)
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm buys Nuvia for $1.4 Billion - Jan 13, 2021
- Pat Gelsinger is the best possible choice for CEO of Intel - Jan 13, 2021
- AMD’s CES keynote is a disclosure own goal - Jan 12, 2021
- Intel has a blizzard of offerings at CES 2021 - Jan 11, 2021
- What is Intel doing about process and outsourcing? - Jan 11, 2021