Word has reached SemiAccurate that Intel pulled out of a major market, silently. Like all unannounced retreats from multi-billion dollar markets, don’t expect this one to be publicized or admitted to in any direct way.
The great Beijing coughing mole is awash with news this time of year, they can’t stop yapping before New Years celebrations begin. This time the tell of a tale of retreat but it isn’t the year of the chicken, yet, more like the year of the bellyflopping manatee from the high board. Yes it is that level of ouch.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel tries to pretend they have 5G silicon with the XMM 8160 - Nov 12, 2018
- AMD’s Rome is indeed a monster - Nov 9, 2018
- Intel announces Cascade Lake-AP MCM - Nov 5, 2018
- ARM brands infrastructure as Neoverse - Nov 2, 2018
- Qualcomm makes the first public OTA 5G Sub-6 phone call - Nov 1, 2018