Intel is really keen on Xpoint/Optane DIMMs even though the technology still doesn’t work right. Luckily for those interested, SemiAccurate has found the code name for the second generation of this technology
Since we exclusively told you about the problems of Xpoint things have gotten much better, officially speaking, but not by any market-facing measures. Apache Pass as the Xpoint DIMMs are known is still MIA but promised for Cascade Lake in a few months. Luckily for customers officially everything is rosy and the second generation of the technology is on track. SemiAccurate would like to add one little ‘but’ to that picture, and toss out a code name too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD launches six new ‘old’ Milan CPUs - Nov 9, 2023
- How big is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X Elite SoC? - Nov 2, 2023
- Microsoft to introduce “AI PC” branding - Nov 1, 2023
- A look at AMD’s new Threadripper 7000 line - Nov 1, 2023
- AMD fights Meteors with paper at Ryzen 8000 launch - Oct 18, 2023