Lets start out with the obvious, the rumors were saying that IBM knifed the Power chips. SemiAccurate now has multiple sources all saying this is categorically not true. IBM’s Power chips are all a go, the roadmap is unaffected, and everything that was on it before this kerfuffle is still on it. One source was adamant that this includes, “Even the far future projects”. So basically IBM did something with Power but not what is being rumored, it is alive, well, and has a long roadmap. But…
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- When will Intel deliver Ice Lake-SP in volume? - Jul 13, 2020
- How many cores does Intel’s Ice Lake-SP XCC have? - Jul 13, 2020
- Intel has another delay to a major server platform - Jul 9, 2020
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 865+ SoC - Jul 8, 2020
- AMD updates Ryzen 3000 to Ryzen 3000XT - Jul 7, 2020