It looks like AMD just got a very interesting server part back from the fabs. SemiAccurate has learned that in late May, a surprise package arrived for the server team from Hsinchu, and it lays out an important timeline.
OK, we may be overstating it with the surprise bit but the package was very important for AMD. Any guesses what it is? Assuming you guessed right, you probably understand why it is so important too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel is close to honest on Ice Lake server dates - Oct 22, 2020
- A key market shifts away from Intel - Oct 21, 2020
- Intel force bundles flash divisions - Oct 20, 2020
- Qualcomm may be launching infrastructre silicon today - Oct 20, 2020
- Intel talks about Ice Lake security - Oct 14, 2020