This new part is both more and less than what people are thinking but the implications are not what people are probably thinking. It is not a Kaby Lake. Or Coffee Lake. Or Whiskey Lake. OK, enough digs, it does not change AMD’s roadmap timing at all, that is still bang on what they promised years ago, but this new part is quite interesting.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel’s Alder Lake is needless complexity - Oct 27, 2021
- Apple does something really interesting with the M1 SoC - Oct 27, 2021
- AMD’s Bergamo is a very interesting CPU - Oct 26, 2021
- Rambus releases 2nd Gen DDR5 RCDs - Oct 13, 2021
- What’s going on with Intel datacenter GPUs? - Oct 6, 2021