SemiAccurate noticed a new AMD CPU pop up between Milan and Genoa on the recent roadmaps. What is this new generation part and what does it imply?
This new part is both more and less than what people are thinking but the implications are not what people are probably thinking. It is not a Kaby Lake. Or Coffee Lake. Or Whiskey Lake. OK, enough digs, it does not change AMD’s roadmap timing at all, that is still bang on what they promised years ago, but this new part is quite interesting.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD manages to make the Ryzen 7040U look worse than it is - May 4, 2023
- Is Microsoft looking to buy silicon expertise? - Apr 3, 2023
- Intel updates roadmaps at Analyst Day 2023 - Mar 29, 2023
- Intel’s Emerald Rapids has a big secret - Mar 27, 2023
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023