Codeplay is joining the RISC-V foundation and bringing their tools to the platform along for compiling and AI. SemiAccurate thinks the addition of high quality OpenCL and SYCL tools will be a boon for the architecture.
Codeplay joined the RISC-V foundation because their tools are being ported to the RISC-V architecture with NSITEXE and Kyoto Microcomputer Co, LTD using a grant from Japan’s NEDO. This is another grass roots research development that is starting on RISC-V and bringing a lot of tools with it. As we said years ago, how the ecosystem fills out will determine the fate of RISC-V and the addition of Codeplay and their tools is a big chunk filled in.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel reorgs and ousts an EVP - Jun 22, 2021
- AMD clears up FidelityFX Super Resolution details - Jun 22, 2021
- AMD’s 3D V-Cache takes the advanced packaging lead - Jun 1, 2021
- AMD releases CPUs and GPUs at Computex - May 31, 2021
- Intel’s honesty shows through at Computex 2021 - May 30, 2021