Codeplay is joining the RISC-V foundation and bringing their tools to the platform along for compiling and AI. SemiAccurate thinks the addition of high quality OpenCL and SYCL tools will be a boon for the architecture.
Codeplay joined the RISC-V foundation because their tools are being ported to the RISC-V architecture with NSITEXE and Kyoto Microcomputer Co, LTD using a grant from Japan’s NEDO. This is another grass roots research development that is starting on RISC-V and bringing a lot of tools with it. As we said years ago, how the ecosystem fills out will determine the fate of RISC-V and the addition of Codeplay and their tools is a big chunk filled in.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel looks at laptop power usage - Nov 23, 2020
- AMD slide confirms our delay story - Nov 19, 2020
- AMD stays trendy and delays Milan a bit - Nov 13, 2020
- Intel delays a mainstream server platform once again - Nov 12, 2020
- Intel releases Server GPU and significant software updates - Nov 11, 2020