Codeplay is joining the RISC-V foundation and bringing their tools to the platform along for compiling and AI. SemiAccurate thinks the addition of high quality OpenCL and SYCL tools will be a boon for the architecture.
Codeplay joined the RISC-V foundation because their tools are being ported to the RISC-V architecture with NSITEXE and Kyoto Microcomputer Co, LTD using a grant from Japan’s NEDO. This is another grass roots research development that is starting on RISC-V and bringing a lot of tools with it. As we said years ago, how the ecosystem fills out will determine the fate of RISC-V and the addition of Codeplay and their tools is a big chunk filled in.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Milan SKUs reveal some interesting technologies - Mar 4, 2021
- Want to know the AMD Milan SKUs? - Mar 3, 2021
- AMD teases the Radeon 6700XT GPU - Mar 3, 2021
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021