Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 6000 series delivery date

Quote Originally Posted by DFT View Post
    Agreed, and I like how they went out of their way to keep the symbolic red color on the cooler. That's classy as hell
    It would be difficult to go to AMD-arrow green in the GPU arena, since that is their main competitor's logo color . Even the AMD GPU badges are still red in color.

8-bit overflow
    I think they should keep the red anodized coolers as a strict part of specifications. All the AIBs would have no choice but to make the coolers red

Quote Originally Posted by kalizec View Post
    Which annoys me without end... if I'd want to buy a low-end GFX card I'd wish it had vapor-chamber simply because it allows for a more efficient cooling solution, ergo less noise from fans needed.

Some will counter with "vapor chamber == too expensive for low end"... still I'd easily pay 5 euros more for a card that has it over one without.
    I am sure someone must offer aftermarket vapor chambers, I can't seem to find them on Google but they have to be out there somewhere...
    E-Peen: AMD Phenom II x4 965 (stock) | MSI 790FX-GD70 | ATI HD 5970 (stock) | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 CL7 2x2GB | Seagate 7200.12 4x1TB | Ikonic RaX10 Liquid

kalizec
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    I am sure someone must offer aftermarket vapor chambers, I can't seem to find them on Google but they have to be out there somewhere...
    After market coolers are nice and all... but then you're paying twice (once for the old cooler and once for the new one).

Also warranty can get tricky if something breaks down... even if it has nothing to do with the replacement cooler. Some companies are very easy on this kind of stuff and others are not. I've had experiences with examples of both this past decade.

But yes, it's a possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by kalizec View Post
    After market coolers are nice and all... but then you're paying twice (once for the old cooler and once for the new one).

Also warranty can get tricky if something breaks down... even if it has nothing to do with the replacement cooler. Some companies are very easy on this kind of stuff and others are not. I've had experiences with examples of both this past decade.

But yes, it's a possible solution.
    I agree they can be a hassle, was sort of hoping some1 had come across some that they could link to. Have a couple idea for a future project that a nice quiet aftermarket would be perfect for.
    E-Peen: AMD Phenom II x4 965 (stock) | MSI 790FX-GD70 | ATI HD 5970 (stock) | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 CL7 2x2GB | Seagate 7200.12 4x1TB | Ikonic RaX10 Liquid

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    You can't find them because it's patented. And none of the high tier cooler manufactures have licensed them.

The only two who use it are Sapphire and ATI (ref. designs of 5770, 5870, 5970).
    (And Galaxy, but they only had 1 model with it, or so)

You can't find them because it's patented. And none of the high tier cooler manufactures have licensed them.

The only two who use it are Sapphire and ATI (ref. designs of 5770, 5870, 5970).
    (And Galaxy, but they only had 1 model with it, or so)
    That is a bit of a dissapointment then. might have to see if I cna get a 5770 cooler from a broken card and rig something up or wait till someone does license it.

There are direct-touch heatpipe VGA coolers, though, I think Xigmatek makes one.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeANumber View Post
    There are direct-touch heatpipe VGA coolers, though, I think Xigmatek makes one.
    Looking at their site they do have some very nice coolers, might not be quite suitable for what I want but very nice none-the-less.

>intel 4004
    I think they should keep the red anodized coolers as a strict part of specifications. All the AIBs would have no choice but to make the coolers red
    I think the red plus black color scheme will stay here even if the branding changed, since it's a major element in the Radeon branding. But the retail cards (including PCB and most parts of the cooler) will mostly be black, I reckon.