Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: 6000 series delivery date

Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    My source says it's Bart XT having the same performance level of GeForce GTX 460. Hm...
    Having too much optimism is not always a good thing.
    Let's keep our optimism/pessimism to a certain extent, shall we?
    No problem, just pull it down on the price structure ladder one step down. Honestly, if it's just capable of matching GTX 460, even the 1 GB one, that's still a bit of downer in my book, considering that competitor card isn't using a full fledged GF 104 chip to start with. A full fledged Bart XT that is incapable of matching a (projected) full fledged GF 104 will still create a hole in ATi market segmentation, a certain oppprtunity that will undoubtly be exploited by the green camp. And using a crippled 380+ mm^2 Cayman to fight a smaller chip card, that's not all that smart at all. Unless, ofcourse, ATi won't kill Cypress and use the 334 mm^2 old soldier chip to hold the fort against GF 104 384 SP.

My source says it's Bart XT having the same performance level of GeForce GTX 460. Hm...
    Having too much optimism is not always a good thing.
    Let's keep our optimism/pessimism to a certain extent, shall we?
    sarcastic mode on or are you serious?

>intel 4004
    I usually add HTML5 (draft version) compliant <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags when I'm in sarcastic mode...

I usually add HTML5 (draft version) compliant <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags when I'm in sarcastic mode...
    sorry, i asked because i'm new and i don't still know customs of the single users

ps i'm a i386bit now

640k who needs more?
    If the 6770 matches the 460 in performance, then it's a win for ATI. NVIDIA doesn't have anything coming down the pipe, so they don't need to shoot for anything more.

it will depend from the price...

>intel 4004
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
    If the 6770 matches the 460 in performance, then it's a win for ATI. NVIDIA doesn't have anything coming down the pipe, so they don't need to shoot for anything more.
    GF11x at Q1 2011 earliest, probably enthusiast chip come first, and then GF106 successor 3 to 6 months after that, so it's Q2 to Q3 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by spursindonesia View Post
    No problem, just pull it down on the price structure ladder one step down. Honestly, if it's just capable of matching GTX 460, even the 1 GB one, that's still a bit of downer in my book, considering that competitor card isn't using a full fledged GF 104 chip to start with. A full fledged Bart XT that is incapable of matching a (projected) full fledged GF 104 will still create a hole in ATi market segmentation, a certain oppprtunity that will undoubtly be exploited by the green camp. And using a crippled 380+ mm^2 Cayman to fight a smaller chip card, that's not all that smart at all. Unless, ofcourse, ATi won't kill Cypress and use the 334 mm^2 old soldier chip to hold the fort against GF 104 384 SP.
    With all the OEM wins this gen, I'm not sure AMD can kill the 5xxx series very fast. Production will likely continue into 2011.

To me, 5xxx is a great opportunity to fill gaps in the 6xxx pricing structure.

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by integrated View Post
    With all the OEM wins this gen, I'm not sure AMD can kill the 5xxx series very fast. Production will likely continue into 2011.

To me, 5xxx is a great opportunity to fill gaps in the 6xxx pricing structure.
    If AMD comes out with pin compatible 6xxx replacements for the 5xxx series like the rumors say, the OEM's might be convinced to upgrade fairly quickly.

OEM's won't go for NI's based on pin-compatibility, that would still mean they would need to revalidate their product lines for the new thermals and acoustics, as well as availability (predicted to be capacity constrained again)