Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL is back! The GridIron thread!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Just his teammates, management, city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana letting him down.
    There, fixed it for ya.

I gotta agree with Alvter, it's frustrating to me to see these supposed 'professionals' do some of the bone-headed, idiotic things they do, like an offensive lineman forgetting the snap count, a position player not following the fundamentals of his position, like a d-end not containing, or d-backs completely screwing up pass coverage. Nothing more frustrating than seeing an offensive driving down the field, then someone commits a really stupid act, draws a penalty, and before you know it, the drive gets stalled. And then you have coaches who must have learned their offensive during the Stone Age, so predicable, so stale. And don't get me started on time management. When you can't even get the right players on the field and have to waste a time out? Or you complete a play for a bunch of yards near end of half or game, and then everyone on offensive team stands around, like wondering: "Okay, now what do we do?" wasting time. Or coaches making stupid challenges, like Jets did against Patriots, on a 3rd and less than a yard, Hey stupid coach, you still have another play, don't waste your challenge, just get up there and run an effin' play, dumbass. And this has gone on too long, but quite frankly, the patheticness of some of these teams just makes me wish we had a minor league and a system that would ban the worse teams to the minors until they learn how to PLAY FOOTBALL.

Quote Originally Posted by rich wargo View Post
    ...And then you have coaches who must have learned their offensive during the Stone Age, so predicable, so stale...
    One team comes to mind on this one... Starts with a "J" rhymes with "Mets."
    You know when they're passing, you know when they're rushing. They execute screens poorly. And when the O-Line breaks up, they have no alternate/scramble plays.

However, they do run a pretty good play-action (deceptive plays) which keeps the opponents on their toes. And with the opponents defense off-balance, their vanilla rushing game and pass game works... until they play a team that knows how to counter (like the Pats)...

Having a good O-Line and a great running back doesn't hurt either...
    -V
    My views and opinions do not represent those of my employer

Banned
    It's not a problem being predictable if you perform. Vince Lombardi's great Packers teams of 1960s were quite predictable; his emphasis was on performance; on fundamentals, on running plays so well, opposition couldn't stop them even though they knew what was coming.

Grins, yes, Jets run play-actions so well, they frequently deceive themselves.

And yes, having a good o-line and running back does help. Maybe some day Jets will acquire those. Along with receivers who can actually catch passes and a QB that doesn't misfire frequently. And a defense that can stop a team from running up 45 points against them. Ya can't win too many games if you give up 45 points, no matter who you are.

And yes, having a good o-line and running back does help. Maybe some day Jets will acquire those. Along with receivers who can actually catch passes and a QB that doesn't misfire frequently. And a defense that can stop a team from running up 45 points against them. Ya can't win too many games if you give up 45 points, no matter who you are.
    So, just add a good O-line, backfield, receiving corp, QB, and defense, and it'll be all right? Looks like the Panthers are closer to a good team than we thought .

Banned
    Yep, any day now.

It's not a problem being predictable if you perform. Vince Lombardi's great Packers teams of 1960s were quite predictable; his emphasis was on performance; on fundamentals, on running plays so well, opposition couldn't stop them even though they knew what was coming.

Grins, yes, Jets run play-actions so well, they frequently deceive themselves.

Jets receivers get open or catch? Yea right... Thats when Sanchez scrambles, get sacked, or does something stupid...

The O-Line does its job: They open gaps. The Running back does his job: Goes through the gap. It's not about having the best, it's about having them be great working with each other.

The Jets do the play-action pass often, enough that it messes up the defense. But the Jets receivers can't catch the ball. Or Sanchez messes up the pass and throws it directly to the defender or to the invisible man.

But guess what... Their still 9-3... So we can't bash them that much... However there is much room for improvement for them.
    -V

I always enjoy waching the Jets grind down opponents and force mistakes. But they had a stinker against the Patriots. Not the sort of team to which can afford to gift a 24-3 lead to opponents.

A missed field goal and 3 Interceptions from a misfiring QB and lacklustre receivers...that's 28 points given away at worst.

A night to forget for Jets fans, and not encouraging for the playoffs at all. I really don't think the Jets are equipped to beat the good passing teams unless they have a bad game. When the Jets beat the Chargers in the playoffs last year, everything went wrong for the Bolts! It won't happen often.
    Best Regards from Steve in Portsmouth, UK.

Roof falls in on Vikings! LOL

Somebody wants Brett Favre to get time for his shoulder to heal! The Giants @ Minnesota is postponed as Snow brings the inflatable roof down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...or-monday-game

The alternative is an outdoor stadium in the twin cities. Since it is currently -10C there, that is REAL football weather.
    Best Regards from Steve in Portsmouth, UK.

Banned
    Gawd yes! But those sissies decided to switch to domed stadium in Detroit. I didn't realize Metrodome was close to Mall of America. I've actually been to MoA.

But back to Jets, what an outstanding game their offense put forth today. Twice as many points as last week! That's real accomplishment. Of course, they also had five (5) turnovers, and lost 10-6, but hey, at least they were closer. But given opponent, they should have been. And Jets defense did better too! So much kudos to Gang Green, who knows, they might even score a TD soon! Can you believe it? Nine (9) quarters without a TD!

And don't whine about weather, 'phins played in it too. I loved that sure TD pass Holmes dropped in end zone. I was cackling like a deranged warlock entire game, watching Jets bumble their way to another loss.

While Brady was throwing for gawd-knows how many yards and TDs in the snow at Chicago. Forget it, alvter, Jets are history this year; Patriots are best team in NFL lately.

While Brady was throwing for gawd-knows how many yards and TDs in the snow at Chicago. Forget it, alvter, Jets are history this year; Patriots are best team in NFL lately.
    I can't disagree with you.

You would have thought that the Jets would have learned or figured out that the playing style changes when the weather turns to cold/sh!t. Bad coaching. Bad weather = short crisp passes. The lack of experiance of D. Sanchez and offensive coaches showed in this game as well.

I give the 'phins much credit. They have a decent defense that stopped the rush. And a great kicker/punter !!!
    -V