Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii2/"Project Cafe" specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak View Post
    and without playing it I am convinced it would be much better on PC
    There are plenty of genres that are better on console.

Quote Originally Posted by Marach View Post
    Why? Guitarhero wasn't, infact GH is proof that because it's on PC does not make it better, or do you have a 40" screen hooked up to your comp? Monitors are generally too small to exploit multiplayer on a single screen the way the GH and RB games do
    GH is just a single game anyway. Most games would run better on pc mainly because of the superior hardware.

If companies updated their consoles faster like every 4 years (while retaining compatibillity with older versions of course) it would be better for everyone.
    Current rig: i5 3570 @3.8GHz, Asus 7750, Dell 24'' 2560X1440, Corsair Vengence 16GB Ram DDR3 @1600MHz, Chieftec 550W PSU, 480GB OCZ SSD + 500GB Seagate + 1TB WD hd, Windows 10 64-bit

>intel 4004
    With correct accessories and correct input method, any game would run great on any platform.
    The first one is relatively easy, even more so when you throw in motion sensing or accelerometer.
    The second one would be quite difficult when you don't have the correct accessories to play the game, and relied on the usual methods: keyboard+mouse, or touch. But this will change once the first one is achieved.

Of course, here we omitted the image quality and some technologies which require very powerful hardware...

Banned
    First question my son had when he learned Nintendo was going to produce a new console: Will it be compatible with GameCube and Wii? If not, he won't bother with it.

I wish there was a way to play console games easily on PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by rich wargo View Post
    First question my son had when he learned Nintendo was going to produce a new console: Will it be compatible with GameCube and Wii? If not, he won't bother with it.
    I'm quite sure it will be. All rumors suggest three core PPC + AMD GPU, and if that's not enough - backward compatibility is popular in Nintendo products, and they do know that, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich wargo View Post
    I wish there was a way to play console games easily on PCs.
    +1, not only you *sigh*
    Andy "Krazy" Glew <3 I also like soup.

>intel 4004
    Backwards compatibility for the controllers? Hell yeah.

As for playing console games easily on PC, first the game studios will have to do a console port, and then make the necessary accessories compatible with the PC, such as proper driver, and USB...

Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post

As for playing console games easily on PC, first the game studios will have to do a console port, and then make the necessary accessories compatible with the PC, such as proper driver, and USB...
    That reminds me 'bout Windows8/9 and Xbox3. Maybe it will be easier to do it then? Maybe.
    Andy "Krazy" Glew <3 I also like soup.

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    That depends on where in the world we talking about.

If the country has an overabundance of trigger happy lawyers and people who sue a lot, for example USA, then greedy console coorporations will usually respect consumer rights make them compatible -> U.S. PS1 controller compatible with U.S. PS2.

If the countries don't have trigger happy lawyers... The cunsumer can expect to get raped in all ways possible.
    E.U. PS1 controller incompatible with E.U. PS2

And that's just the top of the iceberg...

>intel 4004
    I only know that you can play GameCube games on Wii using the GameCube controllers.
    As for Sony... You know the company aren't run by the Japanese anymore, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DFT View Post
    That depends on where in the world we talking about.

If the country has an overabundance of trigger happy lawyers and people who sue a lot, for example USA, then greedy console coorporations will usually respect consumer rights make them compatible -> U.S. PS1 controller compatible with U.S. PS2.

If the countries don't have trigger happy lawyers... The cunsumer can expect to get raped in all ways possible.
    E.U. PS1 controller incompatible with E.U. PS2

And that's just the top of the iceberg...
    Just check street price of the US version of something and the one of the EU version...

Then, just to lol and rotfl more, compare EU price with italian price. Of anything.

>.<