Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Krait and Cortex A15

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by integrated View Post
    NV will need to cut prices to account for the fact that S4 has full modem function including LTE, unless quad-core marketing is just that strong...
    T3 isn't selling at all, but that aside, the prices are cut so low it is painful at the moment. It isn't selling in spite of that. There are some changes coming because of, well, all the things I said would sink the chip.

-Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    T3 isn't selling at all, but that aside, the prices are cut so low it is painful at the moment. It isn't selling in spite of that. There are some changes coming because of, well, all the things I said would sink the chip.

-Charlie
    Some changes to? The chip? The roadmap? The business strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post

-Charlie
    For a ~80mm^2 chip @ 40nm.. T3 is very cost efficient and performs great for its size.
    It has singel channel memory, but it is still faster than OMAP 4460 or Exynos 4210 while the latter is actually a lot bigger.
    The dual channel memory didnt help them win in gpu performance.. not to mention cpu performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerash View Post
    For a ~80mm^2 chip @ 40nm.. T3 is very cost efficient and performs great for its size.
    It has singel channel memory, but it is still faster than OMAP 4460 or Exynos 4210 while the latter is actually a lot bigger.
    The dual channel memory didnt help them win in gpu performance.. not to mention cpu performance.
    Except for the fact that Snapdragon 4 is going to obliterate it.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-...tegra-3-67678/

I doubt it's going to cost half as much as Snapdragon 4 to make up for the fact it's half as slow. I also doubt it's going to use half the power. The only thing NV has going for it right now is GTX 680. They have no products for the direction the market is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post

I doubt it's going to cost half as much as Snapdragon 4 to make up for the fact it's half as slow. I also doubt it's going to use half the power. The only thing NV has going for it right now is GTX 680. They have no products for the direction the market is heading.
    For your information Vellamo benchmark has been designed by Qualcomm, so there's little doubt it shows excellent results on their chips. For Quadrant, the only Tegra3 result I found is about 3000 (see this). So yes, S4 is faster, twice, certainly not.
    Speaking for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post

You're talking about future products.. Krait isn't available right now in the shops.. Currently.. T3 is the fastest product you can buy. By the time you see krait-phones in stores.. Competitors will already have cortex A15 ready for launch @28nm. Let's see how well S4 does against A15, both @ 28nm.
    Not against T3 which is still a 40nm product while being way cheaper.

HTC One will launch in April, both Krait and T3 versions.

-dan

Asus Transformer Prime launched 2011-12-01, No Krait just T3.

-whatsinaname

Quote Originally Posted by bladerash View Post
    Asus Transformer Prime launched 2011-12-01, No Krait just T3.

-whatsinaname
    The point is that Krait devices are launching several months ahead of Cortex-A15 devices. We don't even have one on the radar, and some think we won't see any in 2012 at all.

However, that also means that it's far from just nVidia Qualcomm is pushing on.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexko View Post
    Some changes to? The chip? The roadmap? The business strategy?
    All of the above. Story as soon as I get some details nailed down.

-Charlie