Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Tegra 4

Quote Originally Posted by integrated View Post
    Nvidia's market share in devices today = 0.00%
    Nexus 7 isn't exactly 0%
    Speaking for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by laurent View Post
    Nexus 7 isn't exactly 0%
    Of course not; but the Nexus7 in the former poster's defense isn't any sort of "game console" either. I assume with Sony he points at the PS Vita, which is miles away from calling it a success. Part of the reasons might be lack of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
    Of course not; but the Nexus7 in the former poster's defense isn't any sort of "game console" either. I assume with Sony he points at the PS Vita, which is miles away from calling it a success. Part of the reasons might be lack of content.
    Hmm I was confused by his use of "devices".
    Speaking for myself.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
    According to Fudo even sampling to partners of T4 has been delayed. Your point?
    I don't think the delay matters, but it is a convenient excuse for another type of onlooker.

-Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I don't think the delay matters, but it is a convenient excuse for another type of onlooker.

-Charlie
    Depends on the perspective; Jensen stated in public that T4 will be the fastest tablet chip when it appears. There's quite a difference between ending a tad faster than the current fastest tablet and being quite a bit behind an upcoming tablet. I don't underestimate halo effects and first impressions stick.

itanic
    Seems like project Shield (tegra 4) will target some tablet price point while OUYA (tegra 3) occupy $99. That company is backed up directly by Nvidia. Also OUYA upgrade cycle corresponds to Tegras annual development. A $99 gaming console , that plays $.99 games, upgraded every year to the current hardware at every future point in time. Too good to be through, every gamer's dream and so on.
    As Ailuros wrote , nowadays MS/Sony consoles don't make huge sales. Maybe that gaming market will evolve from premium to commodity one, where the huge sales resides.
    HDMI stick is another interesting form-factor for a media/gaming device, that can accommodate tegra 4. At the present time it looks like the ultimate minimalistic design, accept possible integration in wrist watch (like OMAP3 in MotoActv).

Quote Originally Posted by laurent View Post
    Nexus 7 isn't exactly 0%

I must have missed the Nvidia Nexus 7 in all the fuss over the Google Nexus 7...

Of course NV has moved chips, lots even! But they don't sell any boxes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A4i View Post
    ...snip...

HDMI stick is another interesting form-factor for a media/gaming device, that can accommodate tegra 4. At the present time it looks like the ultimate minimalistic design, accept possible integration in wrist watch (like OMAP3 in MotoActv).

Pretty sure the thermal limits of an HDMI stick are a little too restrictive for such an SoC.

itanic
    Well, if you soldier that SoC to a thermal plate, connected to HDMI shielding, then few watts of heat can be safely dissipated in to the TV internals. Should be enough for Tegra 4 to fit in an HDMI stick.

i386 bit
    Quote Originally Posted by A4i View Post
    Well, if you soldier that SoC to a thermal plate, connected to HDMI shielding, then few watts of heat can be safely dissipated in to the TV internals.
    The assumption that it is safe to dissipate heat into another device is a very poor one.