Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD's AFDS 2012

AMD's AFDS 2012

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/03/27/a...ws-plus-links/

Registration coupon is good for sometime yet but the earlybird discount disappears April 8th.

Easter eggs are coming too. OK just one, we get one Easter Egg and there is no bacon with it TBA.
    Specialization is for insects. - Heinlein
    Laugh dammit, life is too damned short not to laugh
    ------------------------
    I don't care if the sub-pixels are so small I need TWO magnifying glasses to see them. I want a phone that has longer battery life.

-Q

Just a hint to everyone, there is a real bonus just for playing the easter egg hunt http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2012/04/...-need-to-know/

That bonus only applies if you are wanting to go to AFDS though. The second five easter eggs should be dropped in the next little bit. I don't have an excact ETA on that. What I do know, is that it's worth playing, there is a real discount for playing and going to AFDS
    Specialization is for insects. - Heinlein
    Laugh dammit, life is too damned short not to laugh
    ------------------------
    I don't care if the sub-pixels are so small I need TWO magnifying glasses to see them. I want a phone that has longer battery life.

-Q

Is there any way to watch the keynotes online? http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74...ventId=4791588 gets me just to registration. I'm confused.
    edit: ok, I registered >< now, if this will not get me the keynotes I will be sad.
    Andy "Krazy" Glew <3 I also like soup.

>intel 4004
    You should go to AFDS-D: http://www.inxpo.com/events/amd/afds-d

Mobile app is also available on iOS and Android.

Application description:
    AMD Fusion Developer Summit Digital: An interactive experience dedicated to AFDS

The official app of AMD Fusion Developer Summit Digital (AFDS-D): An interactive experience dedicated to AFDS. Experience selected content from AFDS on your smartphone. Features include: Watch live and on-demand Keynotes, participate in speaker Q&As, view selected AFDS Technical Sessions on-demand, search for AFDS content and network with AFDS attendees, and visit the Resource Center to download presentations, white papers, videos, and other related content. To participate in AFDS-D, you will need to register online at http://www.inxpo.com/events/amd/afds-d and receive a confirmation email.
    The keynote schedule:
    • 9:00 ? 11:00 a.m. (PDT), Tuesday, June 12
      • Tom Malloy, senior vice president & chief software architect, Advanced Technology Labs, Adobe Systems Incorporated: ?The Promise of Parallel: Today?s State of Heterogeneous Computing?
      • Phil Rogers, corporate fellow, AMD: ?The Programmer?s Guide to a Universe of Possibility?
    • 9:00 ? 11:00 a.m. (PDT), Wednesday, June 13
      • David Perry, chief executive officer & co-founder, Gaikai: ?Delivering Console Quality Video Games from the Cloud?
      • Alan D. Kraemer, executive vice president and chief technology officer, SRS Labs, Inc.: ?MDA an Open Standard for the Future of Audio?
      • Steven Bathiche, director of research, Applied Sciences Group, Microsoft: ?Breaking Harlow?s Monkeys?
    • 9:00 ? 11:00 a.m. (PDT), Thursday, June 14
      • Phil Pokorny, RHCE chief technical officer, Penguin Computing: ?HPC Computing, From the Inside Out: An Insider?s Perspective?
      • Dr. Amr Awadallah, co-founder and CTO, Cloudera: ?Apache Hadoop: The Modern Data Operating System?
      • Mark Papermaster, senior vice president and chief technology officer, AMD: ?Heterogeneous Computing: The Market. The Roadmap?

640k who needs more?
    Yeah, AFDS-D is a wickedly good portal.

There's some big announcments and some pretty cool tech being revealed at AFDS.

AMD announces CodeXL

HSA Foundation

AMD licenses and integrates ARM core for TrustZone security

Lots of good info and demos at that AFDS-D portal.

>intel 4004
    You can download presentations on keynotes and selected session in the AFDS-D resources session, you can also view the past keynotes and session on demand if you missed any of them.

You could even look at the modified Mona Lisa from the keynote by Phil Rogers on demand.

Seriously, AFDS-D is amazing, I just wished I had more time to see everything there.

>intel 4004
    The presentation for Mark Papermaster's keynote is now available on AFDS-D.

640k who needs more?
    Where to you see that?