Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 855

Thread: AMD Trinity Laptop

  1. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    I am talking about the A6 tablet all the time. Talking about that size of screen and keyboard dock.
    your talking about the tablet I linked to correct ?

    If so I don't see the problem of having a battery built into the dock. Smaller tablets do it so there hsouldn't be a reason not to do it esp if your adding in ethernet jacks and full size usb / hdmi ports onto the dock. Your going ot make the dock thicker anyway.


  2. #312
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Guild View Post
    Interesting to note that IVB ULV has configurable TDP up to 25W. So most of these ultrabook chassis are actually designed for 25W.

    There's a R series 2M/4C 1.6/2.4 with full 384C. But the 2.0/2.8 does seem much more desirable even if on paper the TDP is up to 25W.
    good luck with that
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/appl...tcamp-why.html
    i believe they are not. nice "trick" for reviewers, so they can "unlock it" make gorgeous benchmarks scores, and publish how "17W" ultrabooks are awesome

  3. #313
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    I pretty much doubt the usefullness of Dual Graphics on such notebooks without a full HD (1080p) screen, besides another bullet point on the product catalog, let alone it won't be thin.

    But oh well, I am having a 15-inch version with Llano A6 and Radeon HD 6650M.
    There is every point. My ancient M1330 has a 1280x800 panel and a HDMI port, what do many 15.6" have? 1366x768. It houses one of the fastest Core2 dual cores and a (spit) 8400GS, that has failed twice already ha! So I am sure an A series and a modest GPU for CFX wouldn't be a push

    The same form factor with a 6-8 hour battery run time for work/browsing etc and the ability to play some games at good settings would get my money. I don't buy the ultrabook concept and 15.6" laptops are ok, but I work all over the place so larger laptops grate quickly

  4. #314
    >intel 4004
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,281
    Quote Originally Posted by gljvd View Post
    your talking about the tablet I linked to correct ?

    If so I don't see the problem of having a battery built into the dock. Smaller tablets do it so there hsouldn't be a reason not to do it esp if your adding in ethernet jacks and full size usb / hdmi ports onto the dock. Your going ot make the dock thicker anyway.

    ***Large image omitted deliberately for readability improvements***
    And they are exactly why that dock for the A6 tablet shouldn't have batteries. Full size HDMI/DisplayPort, USB 3.0 and RJ-45 ports are NOT for portability but functionality, along with the 100% sized US keyboard. So it's pointless to put a battery pack in it, that's stupid.

    You can say the keyboard dock for ASUS Transformer Prime is a neat and productive add-on for tablets of that kind of form factors, above that size, just let it be an expansion dock sitting in your home and nothing more. You won't be able to carry it and go outside comfortably at all, even when you can fold the tablet and the dock.

    And yes, 11.6-inch is bigger than 10.1-inch, so no, I don't like the dock when I'm outside, but I liked it when I'm working at my home/office, how about I buy another dock to sit in my office? Then that's good.

  5. #315
    >intel 4004
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,281
    Quote Originally Posted by London Dave View Post
    There is every point. My ancient M1330 has a 1280x800 panel and a HDMI port, what do many 15.6" have? 1366x768. It houses one of the fastest Core2 dual cores and a (spit) 8400GS, that has failed twice already ha! So I am sure an A series and a modest GPU for CFX wouldn't be a push

    The same form factor with a 6-8 hour battery run time for work/browsing etc and the ability to play some games at good settings would get my money. I don't buy the ultrabook concept and 15.6" laptops are ok, but I work all over the place so larger laptops grate quickly
    Well, notebooks with Dual Graphics or switacble graphics to have at least a full HD screen should be a reasonable expectation.

    I am not hoping Llano/Trinity plus Dual Graphics will make that push, just that most people expects a notebook with HD capabilities as a bullet point to actually have HD capabilities, when they have a 15.6-inch screen that's considerably larger.

    That is the case especially when the CPU/APU vendors made that clear the integrated graphics can already do 1080p gaming at >30 fps (regardless of the marketing spin in the slide, so Intel could be in 1080p Medium setting, and AMD in 1080p High settings).

    I don't know, but the development on notebook panels have gotten away from being useful (making full HD contents pervasive, anti-glare for outdoor use) into something more trivial like LED backlit and color reproduction quality, maybe this is my priorities only.

  6. #316
    Lets just agree to disagree.

    The asus transformer dock is 1.4lbs , Prime's dock is 1.18 lbs.


    IF the tablet is 2lbs adding 1.4lbs or 1.18 lbs puts you at 3.4lbs or 3.18 lbs .


    At that point its lighter than the envy pro ultra book at 3.98lbs


    The mac air is 2.38lbs.

    So I'm not sure how 1lbs suddenly makes it unportable. Now of course thats if the tablet portion is 2lbs . If its closer to arm tablets it could get down to about 1.5lbs. Ad another 1.14bls and your at 2.64lbls . That puts it in striking distance of the mac air but with a much greater battery life then the 5 hours the air has.

    Think about it , the 11 inch air will have the same screen size so your looking at basicly a mac air sized device which is very portable , mabye a little thicker and heavier but you'll get much greater battery life.

    The 11 inch air comes with a 35 watt hour battery and gets 5 hours of life on the web. The 13 inch gets 7 hours with a 50watt hour battery. assuming a 35watt hour battery in the a6 tablet and then another 35watt hour battery in the dock your looking at 70 watt hour battery. It should allow for over 10+ hours of web surfing and other activitys. That would be what I want.


    Perhaps htey can also make a non powered dock for those who want it .

  7. #317
    >intel 4004
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,281
    It's not the weight, it's the ports you've just shown me, none of them are for outside use.

    It's not the weight, it's the features which are suppose to fit your use case. With those ports, your number 1, 2, 3 and 4 (even 5, 6, 7 and 8) use case for that dock wouldn't be portability. You will have to forgo that keyboard when you still want the final bit of portability on that tablet. So it's pointless to add battery in that dock, no matter how four trillion times of battery life can that powered dock supply to the tablet.

    It's not the weight, it's the dimensions when you combine the dock and the tablet. I can still accept it with a 10-inch device with a dock, more than that? Sorry, you're better with a 12-inch notebook. Did I get something similar in the past? Sure, how about an HP Pavilion tx1000 tablet PC, thicker though but I got a stylus.

  8. #318
    8-bit overflow
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    It's not the weight, it's the ports you've just shown me, none of them are for outside use.

    It's not the weight, it's the features which are suppose to fit your use case. With those ports, your number 1, 2, 3 and 4 (even 5, 6, 7 and 8) use case for that dock wouldn't be portability. You will have to forgo that keyboard when you still want the final bit of portability on that tablet. So it's pointless to add battery in that dock, no matter how four trillion times of battery life can that powered dock supply to the tablet.

    It's not the weight, it's the dimensions when you combine the dock and the tablet. I can still accept it with a 10-inch device with a dock, more than that? Sorry, you're better with a 12-inch notebook. Did I get something similar in the past? Sure, how about an HP Pavilion tx1000 tablet PC, thicker though but I got a stylus.
    As someone who once bought a 14" convertible tablet, I would totally rock an 11" tablet + keyboard dock. I do agree that most of the time a laptop would be better (I own a tablet and a laptop, I'm on the laptop right now!) but if I'm couchsurfing or in bed, that is when the tablet formfactor really shines.


    That being said, one of the big advantages to tablets imho wasn't the formfactor, but their ability to go into high and low power states quickly. Ever since I've put Win 8 (+ SSD) on my DM1z, I use my tablet a lot less. This thing pops in and out of sleep very quickly, and I can check my e-mail, weather, financial news easier than using a tablet now. Of course, it was also a lot more expensive than a tablet, except for maybe an iPad

  9. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    It's not the weight, it's the ports you've just shown me, none of them are for outside use.

    It's not the weight, it's the features which are suppose to fit your use case. With those ports, your number 1, 2, 3 and 4 (even 5, 6, 7 and 8) use case for that dock wouldn't be portability. You will have to forgo that keyboard when you still want the final bit of portability on that tablet. So it's pointless to add battery in that dock, no matter how four trillion times of battery life can that powered dock supply to the tablet.

    It's not the weight, it's the dimensions when you combine the dock and the tablet. I can still accept it with a 10-inch device with a dock, more than that? Sorry, you're better with a 12-inch notebook. Did I get something similar in the past? Sure, how about an HP Pavilion tx1000 tablet PC, thicker though but I got a stylus.
    Why am I better off with a 12 inch notebook when I have an 11.6 notebook / tablet ? Battery's in the dock just allow me to go longer without charging . When I go to florida from Jersey I don't have worry about plugging in my tablet. When I'm at the terminal waiting for my flight I can use the dock / tablet. When I'm on the plane i can use the tablet. When I'm waiting for the luggage to be unloaded I can use the dock/tablet and charge my device. When my niece and nephew want to watch tv at the beach I don't have to worry about if I have enough abttery.


    The ports are useful because i can use the tablet for other things . I can bring a backup hardrive with me to store video and pictures of the trip . I can use a bluray burner , ican hook up a small picture printer.

    There are alot of things i can do with the dock when i don't need as much portability and then I can make it more portable when need be. The extra battery life allways comes in handy and I don't want to have to allways charge my device . Having a 3-4lbs device is much better than having to bring multiple devices with me.

    In your example I need a 12 inch portable ? Mac air good for you ? Thats still over 3lbs. Add a ipad and I'm at 4 to 4.5 lbs and I have even more room taken up because they both need their own acessorys . I rather just take the device that does it all

    Like I said lets agree to disagree

  10. #320
    I am personally waiting for a slider, not a dock/tablet, though I don't think Trinity would end up in such a device unfortunately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux