Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Trinity Laptop

640k who needs more?
    Yeah I just can't bring myself to buy an HP. Between the low-res displays, gouging for upgrades, inadequate cooling, generally noisy fans, and bloatware they preinstall, they're not even on the radar for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgerbik View Post
    ditto ..

It's probably been posted and talked about ad-nausea, but I've been eyeballing this HP since it came out:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10208049.aspx

A toss up for me as I like ASUS notebook build quality, but discreet graphics is a must for me

Quote Originally Posted by sirroman View Post
    It says a lot when the default "legal talk" on the bottom of the page has only references to Intel.
    Not to mention it's supposedly running an Intel? HM76 Chipset
    Main Rig: Ryzen 7 1700X, Noctua NH-U14S, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200, MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G, Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3, Samsung 840 Pro 250 + Samsung 840 Evo 500 + various HDDs, Corsair HX650 (3.3V/20A, 5V/20A, 12V/54A), DeadSilent DS Cube Black

Notebook: HP ProBook 6465b w/ A6-3410MX and 8GB DDR3 1600

With Windows Phone Microsoft do not allow 'OEM enhancements' aka bloatware. About time they enforce these with Windows 8, or at least approve apps which are whitelisted for OEM usage. Some are pretty good and genuinely help, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by seinfeldx View Post
    Is that a APU+GPU? Wonder if with 750GB 7200rpm SSH + APU A10-4600M + Full HD (1920x1080 + Built-in Bluetooth? V4.0 (Optional) + 2+2gb or 4+4gb will be below 800?.
    For 15.6 isn't 1920x1080 too much? i was expecting this res for a 17, i expected a 15 between 768p and 1080p something like 1400x900 or 1680x1050.
    This is why I'm holding out for a matte 15" 1600x900 with A10 dual graphics. I think it will be a better match for it's capabilities. Enough 'screen estate' to be useable in 2D stuff, yet still retain pretty good DX11 game performance at medium settings. And of course be slightly smaller than a 17" 'paving slab'. That would fit my needs/desires just about perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Damn... so close! Dual graphics or a higher-end Radeon and I would have been sold. But it does looks nicer than anything I've seen to date.
    Yeah, it's a shame that it doesn't have dual graphics but considering how immature that has been I guess Asus decided to go with discrete graphics.
    Considering that the cheapest Asus N56 with Intel costs around 1000$, I bet this will be 100-150$ cheaper at least.

This is by far the best notebook chassis that AMD will get. Premium design and top-notch screen. Maybe it could be more tailor made to AMD but I don't think that anyone should complain about this setup compared to the offerings of other brands.

Asus Zenbook 13.3, Full HD IPS, running A10-4655M at $999 - best notebook ever.

Come on Asus, you are our only hope!

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugamela View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that it doesn't have dual graphics but considering how immature that has been I guess Asus decided to go with discrete graphics.
    You should be careful what you wish for. Dual graphics means comparatively hot and comparatively power hungry 40 nm chips. Do you really want that in your spiffy new notebook?
    Or would you rather have new power efficient GCN chips based on 28 nm process?

But I agree though that the chassis on that Asus looks nice. And that IPS panel looks very nice as well. Asus deserves to steal all the customers from the other vendors.

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by Guild View Post
    Asus Zenbook 13.3, Full HD IPS, running A10-4655M at $999 - best notebook ever.

Come on Asus, you are our only hope!
    That would be AMAZING! Im just hopping to see some ssd options for light trinity notebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by tensz View Post
    You should be careful what you wish for. Dual graphics means comparatively hot and comparatively power hungry 40 nm chips. Do you really want that in your spiffy new notebook?
    Or would you rather have new power efficient GCN chips based on 28 nm process?

But I agree though that the chassis on that Asus looks nice. And that IPS panel looks very nice as well. Asus deserves to steal all the customers from the other vendors.
    AMD should release a APU partner GPU with each GPU/APU release, the best optimal GPU to pair with the APU, like a 28/32nm VLIW4 GPU, either with the same specs as the APU's GPU or slightly higher specs(considering the memory performance of any dedicated card will be different and probably not make it suitable for ordinary crossfire anyway) /random dream thought.
    Desktop R7 1800X@4.1GHz, MSI X370 Xpower gaming titanium(Bios 1.74), 2x8GB Corsair Vengance LED(Red) DDR4 3200MHz@2933MHz , 2xSamsung 830 256GB & Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Sapphire Fury X 1050MHz / 500MHz, Corsair AX1200i.
    Laptop: Lenovo Y700 AMD FX-8800p, R9 M385X, 2x8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    From my personal browsing experience, everyone is well endowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Medallish View Post
    AMD should release a APU partner GPU with each GPU/APU release, the best optimal GPU to pair with the APU, like a 28/32nm VLIW4 GPU, either with the same specs as the APU's GPU or slightly higher specs(considering the memory performance of any dedicated card will be different and probably not make it suitable for ordinary crossfire anyway) /random dream thought.
    This. The fact is that AMD also needs to improve on the implementation of their APUs.
    If for each APU release they indicated a GPU that should be partnered with each APU and optimize the drivers for those combinations as most as possible then APUs with dedicated GPUs would be really stellar.

Untill they do that OEMs will just do whatever they want. And who can blame them.
    However, that Asus is a great improvement for AMD since their APUs are being used in something other than budget notebooks. Kudos to Asus.
    Now I am crossing my fingers for a Zenbook. I believe they will arrive eventually.