Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Trinity Laptop

If you guys are interested there's a topic on the notebookreview forums with a list of the known Trinity notebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaugamela View Post
    If you guys are interested there's a topic on the notebookreview forums with a list of the known Trinity notebooks.
    Acer 1, Asus 4, Gateway 1, HP 8, Lenovo 3, MSI 1, Samsung 2, Toshiba 3 and a bit of variation with specifications.
    Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DCO View Post
    Acer 1, Asus 4, Gateway 1, HP 8, Lenovo 3, MSI 1, Samsung 2, Toshiba 3 and a bit of variation with specifications.
    Pathetic.
    And only 2 versions of a 13,3'' model by Samsung. Tell me about it. If you guys know of more tell me and I'll add it.

>intel 4004
    I am actually surprised at Trinity (or APUs, in general) offerings from Acer. So I know a few years ago that Acer really wants to become a top notebook OEM whilst their offering at the time was mostly value notebooks. And now only 1 AMD offering, and mostly Intel Ultra[-crap]books? Pathetic.

The good side was on the Japanese and Korean OEMs, actually.
    With APUs, AMD gained Samsung and Toshiba.

8-bit overflow
    acer likes to do crappy intel i5 laptops with integrated graphics. its weird.

I consider a Trinity+ Radeon discrete laptop purchase but with classic HDD. So, I wonder how much time should pass by till we see SSDs in mainstream 500-600 $ laptops?

640k who needs more?
    Quote Originally Posted by esrever View Post
    acer likes to do crappy intel i5 laptops with integrated graphics. its weird.
    Their Aspire One 722 probably carried the brazos torch. Not saying it's great quality or anything, but they knew how to make a sale.

The Gateway and Acer ones are pretty much the same thing with just a different top cover and different configuration. Their chassis parts are usually interchangeable. So I guess that makes one less.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiD View Post
    I consider a Trinity+ Radeon discrete laptop purchase but with classic HDD. So, I wonder how much time should pass by till we see SSDs in mainstream 500-600 $ laptops?
    Care to clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by funkydmunky View Post
    Care to clarify?
    Well, I think it is clear enough. When will we see all laptops, even the cheapest, coming with SSD as the standard option????

Because the one I have chosen comes only with 750 GB normal hard drive. What else should I clarify?

640k who needs more?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiD View Post
    That depends on whether or not one wants to see low reliability, and obviously lower maximum capacity, SSD's in mainstream products. If one doesn't mind the negatives, then no time should pass by. If one would rather see capacity and/or reliability increase, then enough time should pass by to rectify these issues before introduction.