Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Apple just sunk its own...

640k who needs more?

I think Apple just sunk its own...

..own ship. With this transparant mockery of the system and the industry, backlash is sure to ensue. The testimony from the jurer is showing a decision that was based purely on brand preference and geological location and ignorance. They made the system look like a joke and as the large majority of anyone informed would tell you, Apple is full of shit. And actually not good for the rest of the industry and a clearer picture of Apple management is emerging. The more publicity this gets the bigger it will be for Samsung. They could emerge the big victor in this.
    Samsung, maybe look to the online communiy for your appeal!

640k who needs more?
    *i mean juror. :|

Here's Groklaw's take:
    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...12082510525390

Yes, Apple has lost the 0.5% of the world's population that give a shit what processor is in their consumer electronics.

-dan

What about all the other peolpe who use rectangular devices with rounded corners

It's no biggie, the 0.1% (or 0.5% if you are as optimistic as dan) will revolt but the 99.9% of the rest of the population will affirm their beliefs that Apple are inventors and innovators and even their closest competition are copycats. Sorry, but "anyone informed" is exceedingly rare.

As for the case, well, technically Samsung does infringe on those patents. That the patents should never have been granted is another matter. Just goes to show that even the USPTO aren't informed, how do you expect consumers to be?!

They are informed, they just dont care anymore. When you get tons of patents each day with 99.99% being bullshit ones and the remaining 0.01% patenting standards, you just simply grant them patents they want and let courts resolve whether they are sensible ones or not. This bad habit is paired with totally retarded American court system where a bunch of clueless morons play gods. End result is a thoroughly useless system which serves only as a mean to prevent justice. One might say this is by design, but lets not be so cynical.
    I wonder whether this lawsuit will be the final straw that would kill patents for good. I sure hope so.

As for Apple getting bitten by this: A little bit by mainstream media, which is going to report on this. Too high profile not to go unnoticed.
    MS/WP is going to hurt them more.

640k who needs more?
    Quote Originally Posted by flippin_waffles View Post
    ..own ship. With this transparant mockery of the system and the industry, backlash is sure to ensue. The testimony from the jurer is showing a decision that was based purely on brand preference and geological location and ignorance. They made the system look like a joke and as the large majority of anyone informed would tell you, Apple is full of shit. And actually not good for the rest of the industry and a clearer picture of Apple management is emerging. The more publicity this gets the bigger it will be for Samsung. They could emerge the big victor in this.
    Samsung, maybe look to the online communiy for your appeal!
    They'll win if their next judge doesn't randomly throw out all of Samsung's evidence of prior art.

Win or lose, Apple won't get my support or my money. I doubt bans of Samsung products will improve Apple's market share. If anything, I think HTC will benefit which is what they really need right now.
    When people tell me "You're going to regret that in the morning" I sleep in till noon because I'm a problem solver!

640k who needs more?
    This whole disaster has just made me want to sell my Galaxy Nexus and buy a Galaxy S3 even more.

I don't like Apple at all, but I won't refuse to buy their products if they offer great products. iPhone is not it. Even with the new iPhone, a 4 inch screen is firmly entry-level territory in 2012.

I have to say, Windows Phone 8 is looking pretty good right now. Windows Phone 7 was already awesome, but crippled by those hardware restrictions and consequently a narrower app ecosystem.

With Windows Phone 8 we will finally see superphones with 4.5+ inch 1280x720 screens, Snapdragon S4, and overall specs to match the best Android phones. The feature set is now also on par with Android, and the UI and overall experience is far superior. (Nokia is winning on hardware design as well.) Best of all, it is unsueable (given the industry today, this word will surely gain traction...). Also, by moving to Windows NT, we will see the start a proper ecosystem of Windows 8 + Windows Phone 8 + Xbox rivaling that of iOS or Android.