Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official? AMD tressfx thread (2).

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    All that tells me is that your daughters have already absorbed the over-arching cultural message that women will be judged based upon their appearance and are practicing it already.
    So ... have joined the ranks of the 99%.

Google mothers in despair of their daughters insisting on their Barbie dolls despite heroic attempts to educate them otherwise.

All that tells me is that your daughters have already absorbed the over-arching cultural message that women will be judged based upon their appearance and are practicing it already.
    Sadly most men my age do this........ It makes me sad for my generation.

They're doing a horrible job of attracting the female half of the population to the gaming scene that way.
    Lara Croft is a misogynistic title from inception though, so why would her hair being more realistic make any difference to attracting women to games?

Regardless of hair rendering, make a strong, natural female lead that's not disproportionate, cloying and inconsistent and fans of the game genre will enjoy it.
    http://twitter.com/cavemanjim

ಠ_ಠ | The Contents of this Message are my own Opinion and do not represent those of my employer.

I work for AMD

8-bit overflow
    The desires within us are enhanced, not created in games.
    Enhancing a game towards those desires are narural, as most fathers arent raising their sons to be best shots, sword masters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydeejohn View Post
    The desires within us are enhanced, not created in games.
    Enhancing a game towards those desires are narural, as most fathers arent raising their sons to be best shots, sword masters etc.
    Wow. That's like... deep, bro.

I don't understand what women has to do with this tech; it's just a very cool particle effect that addresses the age old problem of hair in games.

Quote Originally Posted by MTd2 View Post
    They should simulate pubic hair.
    Gawd, I wish I could give you up-reps for this.
    Athlon II X3 455 (Rana) @ 3.83 GHz, GA-MA78G-DS3H rev 1.0, 4GB DDR2, XFX HD 5850 @ 801/1099 MHz, Win XP Pro-32 SP3, Seagate 7200.11 Barracuda 500GB (OS) - recovered from BSY error on SD1A firmware, Vantec Ion2+ 550W, NZXT Hush

Quote Originally Posted by fatty2nd View Post
    I don't understand what women has to do with this tech; it's just a very cool particle effect that addresses the age old problem of hair in games.
    There's been an "age old problem of hair in games"???
    Athlon II X3 455 (Rana) @ 3.83 GHz, GA-MA78G-DS3H rev 1.0, 4GB DDR2, XFX HD 5850 @ 801/1099 MHz, Win XP Pro-32 SP3, Seagate 7200.11 Barracuda 500GB (OS) - recovered from BSY error on SD1A firmware, Vantec Ion2+ 550W, NZXT Hush

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyShoes View Post
    There's been an "age old problem of hair in games"???
    That's why surely there's an DX API call for bikini waxing and stuff ^^

yeah I got that number on my cellphone for the g/f, it's not an API call