Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who can stop the Seahawks? The Famous NFL 2013 Thread!

Who can stop the Seahawks? The Famous NFL 2013 Thread!

OK, my good friends, it's back to Football for another season.

Nobody wants to tackle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch, but we do believe in MIRACLES here at semiaccurate.

I for one, firmly believe that my Vikes are going to Superbowl this year. We do, after all have Greg Jennings and #28.

Anyway, here's the picks for Week 1.

NFL Week 1.

Thurs, 5th. September, 2013.

Baltimore Ravens @ Denver Broncos

Sunday, 8th. September, 2013.

New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills
    Tennessee Titans @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints
    7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets

7 Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    7 Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Chicago Bears
    Miami Dolphins @ Cleveland Browns

7 Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
    Oakland Raiders @ Indianapolis Colts
    Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers
    Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams

New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Monday 9th. September, 2013.

7 Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins
    7 Houston Texans @ San Diego Chargers

Mark the on-the-road team with your abbreviated symbol. If you miss a pick, you score ZERO. I know, that's hard, but I'm tired of excuses. Turn up for every game or LOSE!
    Best Regards from Steve in Portsmouth, UK.

Banned
    Dern it, I fergots my poisonal symbol, so I'm gonna adopt a new one. From now on, in honor of one of my favorite movies, The Great Escape, I'm gonna be known as "Big X." So dere.

Baltimore Ravens @ (X) Denver Broncos - Blackbirds D is off this year; Ponies have Peyton. Need I say more?

(X) New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills - Although Billies will do better this year, Empire continues to roll along. even without Hernandez.
    Tennessee Titans @ (X) Pittsburgh Steelers - Steel boys will play tough for homies.
    Atlanta Falcons @ (X) New Orleans Saints - Sean Payton.
    7(X) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets - Bet on the Jets? Are you insane?

7(X) Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars - I like the Chiefs chances this year.
    7(X) Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers - Hate to say this, but Seachickens finally figured out how to play the game.
    Cincinnati Bengals @ (X) Chicago Bears - Da Bears. At Home.
    Miami Dolphins @ (X) Cleveland Browns - Somebody has to have faith in the Brownies. I'll sacrifice myself for the good of humanity.

7 Minnesota Vikings @ (X) Detroit Lions - More to piss off System7 than any other reason.
    Oakland Raiders @ (X) Indianapolis Colts - Gotta go with my boy, Bjoern Werner, and his teammates. At least until they play somebody better.
    Green Bay Packers @ (X) San Francisco 49ers - Shhhh.. Don't tell my Mom, but I think 49ers are better team.
    (X) Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams - Redbirds have new coach, new attitude. Rams are same old meh.

New York Giants @ (X) Dallas Cowboys - Time to throw them carpet-bagging damnyankees (yes, it's one word) out of the Republic!

7(X) Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins - RGIII is back, but doctors continue to have doubts that he is BACK. Iggles more solid at this point than Deadskins.
    7(X) Houston Texans @ San Diego Chargers - The eyes of Texas are upon you, all the live long day..... The eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot run away....(sung to "I've been working on the railroad.")

Home teams ! Enjoy the games !

Cheers,
    -V
    My views and opinions do not represent those of my employer

Fantastic last minute entry, Alvter. Good to have you back!

With 5 games to go in week 1, we have Big X on 8, system7 on 6 and yourself on 5.

Bit gutted about that Vikings loss. Ponder tripped over his own feet for that rotten handoff and fumble by #28. That swung it.

Here's next weeks fixtures for your consideration:

NFL Week 2.

Thursday Sept 12

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (TNF)

Sunday Sept 15

St. Louis Rams @ Atlanta Falcons
    San Diego Chargers @ Philadelphia Eagles
    Dallas Cowboys @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins @ Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans
    Washington Redskins @ Green Bay Packers
    Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens
    Carolina Panthers @ Buffalo Bills

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears
    New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Oakland Raiders

Denver Broncos @ New York Giants
    San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks (SNF)

Monday Sept 16

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (MNF)

Banned
    That's it? Three of us? Jeez, hardly worth the bother.

Baltimore Ravens 17 @ (X)V Denver Broncos 49 - That Manning boy can sure throw some pretty passes. 7 TDs.

(X) New England Patriots 23 @ V Buffalo Bills 21 - Although I picked the Pats, I was rooting for the Billies; their D played the Pats tough all day, and E.J. did pretty good in his debut.

Tennessee Titans 16 @ (X)V Pittsburgh Steelers 9 - Steel boys ended up playing like pussies for homies. WTF is the matter with Roethlisberger? For quite a while, looked like Steelers were channeling their inner Jaguars.

Atlanta Falcons 17 @ (X)V New Orleans Saints 23 - Saints played that ole classic, "Dirty Bird Stomp".

7(X) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 @ V New York Jets 18 - Without a doubt the ugliest game I saw this weekend. Bucs looked like midget team on first day of practice. It takes a lot to look more pitiful than Jets, but Bucs managed to do it in spades.

7(X) Kansas City Chiefs 28 @ V Jacksonville Jaguars 2 - Sad when your D outscores your O.

7(X) Seattle Seahawks 12 @ V Carolina Panthers 7 - Seachickens putter to a win.

Cincinnati Bengals 12 @ (X)V Chicago Bears 24 - Da Bears. At Home.

Miami Dolphins 23 @ (X)V Cleveland Browns 10 - I have a dog that rolls over slower than the Brownies.

7 Minnesota Vikings 24 @ (X)V Detroit Lions 34 - Pissed off System7; objective achieved. Peterson got off that initial great run, not much afterwards.

Oakland Raiders 17 @ (X)V Indianapolis Colts 21 - Don't know if my boy got any playing time, but at least they won.

Green Bay Packers 28 @ (X)V San Francisco 49ers 34 - Best game of the week by far. Both teams were playing well and playing hard, and playing a bit on the dirty side. Lots of penalties. Both teams will be in playoffs.

(X) Arizona Cardinals 24 @ V St. Louis Rams 27 - Shrugs. Neither team will make playoffs, who cares?

New York Giants 31 @ (X)V Dallas Cowboys 36 - Second ugliest game of the week. SIX blue boy turnovers! Cowsissies should have buried them, but thanks to heroic efforts of Romo the Homo in misthrowing time and time again, (terrible accuracy!) Cowsissies only end up winning by 5.

7(X) Philadelphia Eagles @ V Washington Redskins - RGIII is back, but doctors continue to have doubts that he is BACK. Iggles more solid at this point than Deadskins.

7(X) Houston Texans @ V San Diego Chargers - The eyes of Texas are upon you, all the live long day..... The eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot run away....(sung to "I've been working on the railroad.")

I have me with 10, Alvter with 9, and seeing as how I forgot how you pick when you don't have a recorded pick, System7, I'll go with your number.

This could be controversial, but I would suggest we be generous to the latecomers, Mr. X, aka rich wargo! We do after all, want a good contest.

I think we could give home teams to the latecomers, who missed Week 1.

So far, that is an impressive 9/14 with two games to go.

This puts Mr. X in front with 10/14, system7 with 9/14 and the field with 9/14.

I am confident in our on-the-road teams in the last two games, so it seems a deal to me!

BTW, did anyone notice the Seahawks have cut FB Michael Robinson and Safety Antoine Winfield? Minnesota, sign them IMMEDIATELY!

640k who needs more?
    Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    AMD's secrecy about Radeon HD 6000 series should be given an award, I think.
    Intel i7 860@3.4GHz | Mushkin 8GB 1600DDR3 | HD6970 | 3x 22" Samsung | WD 300GB Raptor | Thermaltake 775w PSU | Antec 300 case | Logitech Z5500

"With as many margaritas as we buy I dont think we can afford children, honey" - Bill Hicks

640k who needs more?
    NFL Week 2.

Thursday Sept 12

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (TNF)

Sunday Sept 15

St. Louis Rams @ Atlanta Falcons
    S San Diego Chargers @ Philadelphia Eagles
    S Dallas Cowboys @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins @ Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans
    Washington Redskins @ Green Bay Packers
    Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens
    S Carolina Panthers @ Buffalo Bills

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears
    S New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Oakland Raiders

Denver Broncos @ New York Giants
    San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks (SNF)

Monday Sept 16

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (MNF)

Going mostly home teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by 265586888 View Post
    AMD's secrecy about Radeon HD 6000 series should be given an award, I think.
    Intel i7 860@3.4GHz | Mushkin 8GB 1600DDR3 | HD6970 | 3x 22" Samsung | WD 300GB Raptor | Thermaltake 775w PSU | Antec 300 case | Logitech Z5500

"With as many margaritas as we buy I dont think we can afford children, honey" - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by sulphademus View Post
    Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?
    It means you've just signed up for another year of suffering and torment! Nice to see you again, sulph.

In Week 2 you get to pick your own teams. Oh, you already have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    This could be controversial, but I would suggest we be generous to the latecomers, Mr. X, aka rich wargo! We do after all, want a good contest.

I think we could give home teams to the latecomers, who missed Week 1.

So far, that is an impressive 9/14 with two games to go.

This puts Mr. X in front with 10/14, system7 with 9/14 and the field with 9/14.

I am confident in our on-the-road teams in the last two games, so it seems a deal to me!

BTW, did anyone notice the Seahawks have cut FB Michael Robinson and Safety Antoine Winfield? Minnesota, sign them IMMEDIATELY!
    No problem, Steve, you can extend them that courtesy.

You sure your Vikes want Robinson and Winfield? After all, SeaChickens cut them for a reason! (not as good as what they have, perhaps?)